Act 2: Spirits and the AST

While Sera was unconscious, he had a dream, one he didn't recognize.

On a plain somewhere on Japan...

The storm picked up as The Demon King of Injustice stepped onto the plain, flowers withering with each step he took. The Sun was blocked by the dark clouds, and the wind was cutting through everything it met.

He walked through the plain, when suddenly the Angel of Justice descended from the sky, opening a small hole for the Sun to shine through. He gently landed, and faced The Demon King, who stopped walking.

"I won't let you pass, my nemesis. I won't let you hurt them."

The Demon King looked past him to his goal, a village in the distance. He laughed.

"Look at the sky, servant of good. It welcomes me and denies your light."

The angel looked up as the hole in the sky he made closed off.

"Maybe... But hope always exists, no matter how dark the sky may be. And my hope is to stop you."

"Human indulges in his nature. Lie, steal, hurt, murder. These are stronger than what you fight for."

"No! The power of love... Will always rule supreme."

"Love is not inherently a force of good. Love can be as black as I. Now step aside."

The angel drew his spear.

"Violence? Truly? And here I thought I were the violent one."

"You give me no choice, Demon King. You will never stop fighting for evil... Now turn back."

The Demon King drew his sword with a giant inlaid gem on its handle.

"You know man deserves to suffer. It is he who has created suffering."

"And it is he who has created all that's good. In their name... I will defend them from you!"

The Demon King sighed.

"Fine, if you wish. But this'll be another quick duel where you run off."

They both stood at the ready, wind blowing past, flowers thriving on one side and withering on the other. The Demon King waited little before charging at the angel.

"Die, you fool!"

The angel patiently waited and anticipated his move, and promptly stopping his attack with his spear. He grabbed his weapon and threw him over himself on the ground.

The Demon King cried out in anger and slashed at the angel, who barely dodged. He then counterattacked, removing the sword from his hands. It fell on the ground, but the Demon King savagely threw a punch at the angel, who did not anticipate this.

He tried to counterattack, but the Demon King took him by his neck and raised him afloat.

"I don't need tools to fight, pitiful angel! My strength is my weapon!"

He then threw the angel with force, sending him flying to a distance. The Angel barely stood up but readied his weapon. The Demon King retrieved his.

"Your powers are not what they used to be, angel. Surrender already and end this farce. There's much for you to gain by doing so."

The angel didn't seem phased by the demon's words.

"Never! I'd rather die!"

"Oh, you won't die. You will suffer for eternity... Weakling!"

He charged at the angel, who charged against him. But before their blows landed, Sera woke up. He was drenched in cold sweat and distressed.

"Woah, calm down. You're safe, young man," said a woman's voice.