Act 5: Close Re-encounter

Four hours after the spacequake at Raizen High School hit, the debris cleared and Shido along with Sera were transported to the surface. They found themselves in front of the school, seeing the results of the explosion by themselves.

The AST were camouflaged by the nearby greenery outside the school area and were waiting for commands.

"Kotori reporting, can you two hear me?"

Both boys replied positively.

"Good. As we had hoped, the Spirit is inside the building. In fact, I think she's inside your very classroom."

"What is she doing there?" asked Shido.

"No idea. You'll have to ask her yourself. Proceed with extreme caution, and don't die on us."

"We'll try. But just one wrong move, and someone with this kind of power like her...," said Sera, wondering.

"The main advice is to not anger her but stand your ground enough, so you remain more than a faint memory to be forgotten in her head."

"We got it. We're going inside. Ready, Sera?" said Shido.

"As ready as I'll ever be, given the circumstances."

"Good luck. We'll monitor the situation closely," finished Kotori.

They both went inside the building, making their way up the stairs. It was becoming a little dark inside. Outside their classroom, they took a deep breath before entering. Shido peeked around the corner, seeing the girl facing where the wall and windows were, before being eradicated out of existence.

The Sun could be clearly seen as it was setting, and the vast landscape beyond the city. They both slowly stepped into the classroom, before the girl started slowly turning toward them.

They both stopped in their tracks, before the girl sent out a warning blast at them, which only blinded them in dust.

"Wait! We're not your enemies! Calm down for a second!" yelled out Shido.

He tried to take a step forward, but the girl fired another warning blast out of her hand in front of him.

"Stop. Who are you?"

"I'm—"

"We're the two boys from earlier. Remember us?" jumped in Sera.

He took both Shido and Kotori, who was about to jump in by surprise.

"That... Wasn't a choice, but..." said Nakatsugawa.

"Poor choice of words in my opinion," added Mikimoto.

"What is he doing again...?!" said Kotori, frustrated.

Reine kept close watch on the screen.

"You... I remember you," said the girl in a surprised manner.