Act 25: Pride & Shame

Shido and Sera entered the Tengu JSDF Hospital and ran over to the receptionist.

"Hello, I'd like to visit Takamiya Mana. Is she admitted here?" asked Shido.

"A moment," said the receptionist.

She searched up Mana's file.

"You'd like to visit Takamiya Mana-san? I'm terribly sorry, but we cannot allow anyone, even family, to visit her."

"Is she hurt that badly?"

"I am sorry, but we're not allowed to disclose anything about her condition either."

"And Origami Tobiichi? Can we visit her?" asked Sera.

"Sera."

He turned around, and saw Origami standing there, carrying her transfusion device around.

"Origami?" said Shido.

They walked up to her.

"I'm glad you two are okay. How is Yatogami Tohka?"

"Oh, Tohka's fine," said Shido.

"Drat," uttered Origami.

"Huh?"

"Nothing. I heard you came to visit me?"

"Well, Sera wanted to first, but I wanted to come too."

"Then let's go back to my room. I need to rest."

"O-Okay."

They walked to the nearest bench, as she sat down.

"So why did you come here, Shido?" she asked.

"I came to see my sister—Takamiya Mana. But they won't let me see her."

"I see. I can't tell you any details, but she's being treated using highly classified technology. Until she's brought into the general ward, no visitors are allowed. If you try to sneak in, they'll catch you. Anyway, you said you came to see me?"

She furrowed her eyes at Shido.

"W-Well, Sera did! I suppose I'll come back later! And you should head back to bed. Later!" he said, as he nervously got up.

Then, he began walking away. Origami suddenly threw herself on the ground, which scared Sera and made Shido turn around.

"O-Origami?!" called out Sera.

Shido ran back.

"Are you alright?!" he asked.

"I don't think I can make it back to my room myself. Come with me."

"Uh..."

"Come with me."

"Origami, I can help—"

"Both of you, come with me."