Act 7.1: On the Other Side

As Fraxinus came to pick Shido and Tohka up, all Sera could hear was ringing. His vision was blurred, and he saw Origami lay in a small crater.

"Ori...gami..."

He slowly regained his senses and crawled next to her.

"Origami?! Are you...?"

She weakly coughed.

"Sera... I'm... Sorry..."

"Come on, I'm getting you out of here. We need to get you a doctor."

"I'm... no different..."

"Stop saying that and fight! You can't just die like this!" said Sera desperately.

He tried to lift her up, but she could barely stand.

"I'm not letting anyone die. Come on."

Before he moved a few steps with her leaning on him, the AST team came down and landed in front of him.

Captain Kusakabe pointed her pistol at him.

"Stop right there! Let her go!"

"She needs medical help! Help her dammit!" shouted Sera.

Kusakabe was surprised by his words and put her pistol down.

"This is Captain Kusakabe, send a helicopter. Injured squad member," said Kusakabe to her radio.

"Put her down! You're under arrest for obstruction of justice and sabotage."

He did as she said and put his hands up. Kusakabe put a binder on his hands and called for another helicopter.

He watched as they loaded Origami and flew off with her, presumably to a special doctor.

The other helicopter arrived, and he was escorted by Kusakabe to a police station.

He was logged and put in a interrogation room. Kusakabe herself was opposite of him.

"Sera Seigi, student at Raizen High. Your parents have been notified of your arrest."

He gulped.

"O-Oh no..."

"Trust me, you have bigger things to worry about. Now, how did you find us?"

"I... followed Origami."

"Why did you follow her?"

"Because I overheard her talking about you people planning to kill my friend."

"Your friend? The Spirit?"

"Yes. You said it yourself, didn't you? They're not evil! Only when you attack them does destruction ensue..."

"Easy for you to say as a civilian. We have a duty. Now, I assume you're linked to this Shido Itsuka as well?"

"He's got nothing to do with what I did. These "crimes" are my own doing."

"Tell me everything about the Spirit."

"Never. All I'll you she is that she's an innocent girl."

"Look what she did to Origami. The destruction she caused. She's not as innocent as she led you to believe."

"That's because...! Never mind. Is Origami okay at least?"

"None of your business. I think we're about done here."

She got up and went to leave the room but stopped at the door. She looked conflicted and looked back.

"...She's okay. As okay as she can be after that."