Act 10: Legend's End

In the Itsuka's house, in the living room, Sera just told Shido about Kotori's "request" that they take a bath together. Shido's jaw dropped to the floor.

"W...Whaaat?! Why?" let out Shido in shock.

"She said it was to aid our training. No idea what she thinks this will achieve unless you're comfortable bathing with her?"

"N-No! Who do you take me for?! I'm not that kind of person. I could never—"

"I get it, calm down. But honestly, do you think she'll let us wiggle out of this? Maybe we should just—"

"How are you okay with this? We're basically strangers!"

"Woah, I thought we were friends!"

Shido facepalmed.

"I'm seriously asking myself if this is all just a dream because this can't be real! My friend is announcing the news to me; I'll have to take a bath with him!"

Sera wasn't having it.

"It's not like I schemed to make that happen! Go convince your little sister if her ideas infatuate you so much."

Shido was nervous at the very mention of Kotori.

"No thanks! I've had enough drop kicks from girls—Okay, I see your point. Perhaps I'm thinking too much about this, if we're both in on the façade, what hurt will one bath do anyway?"

"Exactly. It's not like we distrust each other, right?"

"Right... I'll get back to cleaning the dishes for now."

"Here, let me help you. I cleaned a few dishes myself."

"Hah, I doubt you cleaned more than I have! This is almost my full-time job."

Sera conceded the point to Shido, and they both cleaned the dishes, finishing early thanks to their dynamic teamwork. Kotori then walked into the room.

"Shido and Sera, the bath is ready. You go in first."

He was not prepared to just let this slide, and suspected she prepared another scheme, like when Tohka was in the shower and on the toilet earlier.

"Don't worry about us. You can go first. I'll let you use this."

He showed her a bath bomb.

Kotori never lets anyone beat her to the bath when she has a bath bomb, thought Shido to himself. Don't take me lightly, little girl! All these many, many years I've been your older brother have not been in vain!

Kotori was clearly tempted, and slowly turned around.

"O-Oh? Y-You go ahead and enjoy it," muttered Kotori.

The door opened, and Tohka was standing there.

"Tohka? Weren't you taking a bath?" asked Shido.

"Hm? What are you talking about?" responded Tohka.

"Never mind. I need to relax in a nice warm bath, urgently," said Shido.

He was preparing to go, but Kotori waved her finger.

"Uh-uh! Either you and Sera go in together, or no one does," said Kotori.

Shido froze in place and his place became a bit flustered.

"S-So you did mean that..."

"Huh?! Shido, why would you take him with you but not me?" asked Tohka poutingly.

"I-It's nothing like that!" uttered Shido.

"Don't worry, I'm not planning to steal Shido from you, Tohka," said Sera. He tried to put on a bold face.