Act 28: An Irreplaceable Something

Shido and Kotori got on one of the attractions, as he brimmed with excitement, and she brimmed with confusion. They got onto the multi-seat attraction, as it went up.

"H-Hey, Shido... I'm..."

"Here it comes, Kotori!"

The thing came crashing down as it reached the top, making Kotori scream.

Shido and Kotori got off, as she felt a little dizzy, he grabbed her hand and ran off with her.

"Heck yeah! Kotori, where to next?"

"Wait, slow down!"

She freed herself from his grasp and stopped him, fuming.

"What's wrong?"

"What isn't? Explain what's going on! First the pool, now this pointless scenario!"

"I did explain. I actually love amusement parks."

"That's not an explanation! Is that why you're dragging me around here?"

He placed a hand on her shoulder, shutting her up.

"Kotori, once a man enters high school... he can't go to an amusement park. It's embarrassing to go with your parents, and weird to go with other guys. The only exception allowed by amusement parks is to come here with your girlfriend!" he said passionately.

 The only exception allowed by amusement parks is to come here with your girlfriend!" he said passionately

"Who cares?! Besides... G-Girlfriend?"

"What's wrong, Kotori? Hey, were you..."

"No, it's nothing! Hmph! Don't..."

"Scared by the free-fall coaster? You could have just told me that."

She started throwing her hands at him, which didn't really hurt him. He was enjoying the teasing.

"Ow, ow, ow! Stop that! Kotori, let's ride that next!"

He pointed at a roller coaster ride.

"Listen to what I'm telling you!"

"I guess we can't. You're too short to ride this."

"Are you making fun of me? I'm not that short!"

The sign said only above those taller than 110 cm could enter.

"But you are scared."

"Hmph! I'm actually sure that you're the one who's going to pee his pants."

"What?! Then let's see who's braver!"

"You're on!" she said, running past him onto the attraction.

He followed her, and shortly they were on the roller coaster. Instantly, Kotori regretted going on it, but tried to look brave. Shido had the biggest grin on his face. As the coaster reached the apex, Kotori began losing it and gasped in fear.