Act 13: Under One Roof

Sera arrived home and was greeted by his parents.

"Welcome home, dear! Dad's still at work, so—" she stopped when she saw Sera's expression.

"Sera? What's wrong? You look upset."

"I couldn't do it, mom. I couldn't... ah, don't let me burden you with my stuff. It's a rainy day today, that's all."

He went up the stairs to his room, as his mom called out behind him.

"Couldn't do what, Sera? Did something happen?"

He didn't respond, and sat on his bed, looking out of the window as the rain fell from the darkened sky.

First Tohka, and now the girl who's name he didn't even know, unlike Shido. In his mind, he failed to change the tragic outcome. Only by miracle was Tohka's rampage averted, and Zadkiel still roams out in the city, with AST on its tail. And when they catch up, Tengu will be engulfed in their battle.

This once, he hoped he would have the power that the Angel of Justice in his dreams had. The power to cast down evil and bring justice. But... who was the "evil" in this case? Was it the Spirits, the AST? Neither were evil, or at least to his knowledge.

Maybe this was a sign that he wasn't prepared for this. Unlike Shido, he has problems committing to the cause.

He pondered on, until someone rang the front doorbell. A perfect excuse to get off the bed, he thought.

"I'll get it!" he said.

"Thanks! I'm here if they need me!" responded his mom.

He walked down the stairs and opened the front door, expecting to see some postman, but wrong he was for the man himself, Hiroto Tonomachi was standing in the door!

"Hey there, friend! Long-time no see, eh?"

"Hiroto? What are you doing here? It's already past school."

He posed in his usual confident stature, but the rain was still coming down on him.

"Mind if I come inside, Sera? The man has something to tell you!"

"...Okay? Come in, I guess."

He let Tonomachi come inside, as his set down his umbrella. His mind came by to see who just entered.

"Ah, and you are...?"

"Greetings! I'm Hiroto Tonomachi, ma'am."

"...My friend from school."

"Oh, Hiroto! Don't worry, I won't interrupt you two. Maybe you can lighten Sera up!"

She then left the entrance and back deeper inside. Sera sighed.

"Lighten Sera up? What a coincidence, that's what I'm here to do!"

"What do you mean, Hiroto? I assure you; I'm doing just fine."

"A stranger told me I should visit my dear friend, second to none! Except my girlfriend, of course."

A stranger? I bet it was Kotori or someone from Fraxinus. Whatever...

"And?"

"And go on a walk with him! Well?"

"...Hiroto. Why would you ever agree to something like that, and more importantly, just why would we go for a walk when it's raining?"

"My girlfriend loves the rain unless it's making her wet. Good thing we have umbrellas though, am I right?"

"...And why did you agree again?"