Act 16: A Deserved Day Off!

Sunday morning arrived, and with it, the birds that singed for the first time since Yoshino's rainy clouds appeared over Tengu city.

Sera was resting at home but got bored, especially after Saturday when nothing really happened. That's when he decided to visit the Itsuka's today, and Tonomachi. But first, he had his usual morning breakfast with his parents. As they ate, his mom looked out the window.

"Ah, I missed the Sun, the sunrise and sunset. It wasn't long ago that the skies were darkened."

"I did too," he responded.

Back at the Itsuka residence, Shido was making breakfast, pasta while humming to himself, for Tohka and Yoshino, as they watched the TV while sat on the couch.

"We're here at Tengu Gokuraku Hot Springs," said the woman's voice on the TV screen.

"This hot spring is great for curing fatigue, muscle pains joint pains. On that of that it'll reinvigorate your whole body. Come here for a healthier body!"

The girls stared intently at the screen; their interest piqued. The screen showed a woman with a towel wrapped around herself, as she was in a spring. She was holding a sign.

"A hot spring?" asked Kotori aboard the Fraxinus

"Yeah, Tohka and Yoshino said they wanted to check one out," responded Shido.

"Well, okay then. I'll make the arrangements right away. We'll fully support any desire the Spirits may have."

She sighed.

"Saying no would only cause trouble, anyway."

"Thanks," said Shido.

"So, where are you going?" she asked.

"It's called Tengu Gokuraku Hot Springs."

Kyouhei lit up in awe.

"A hot spring? Want to go? I'll take over for you here, and you can go for them!" he asked Kotori.

She crossed her arms.

"No way in hell that's happening."

"You're out of your mind! We'll be in big trouble if you're not always in top condition! You must take a break. You must go to the hot spring." blurted out Kyouhei defiantly. She was surprised by his words.

"What are you really after?" she asked suspiciously.

"N-Nothing, of course. I'd never think of doubling the number of autonomous cameras. And I'd never use them to capture every inch of your body, still undeveloped, like fruit that's yet to ripen! Never!"

Kotori gestured at her giant bodyguards, who took him afloat. He realised what was happening and instantly became unnerved.

"Oh, Commander! I beg your mercy! Not castration! Please don't castrate me!"