Act 24: The Spirit of Flame (Efreet)

Sera opened his eyes, and realised he was in the Fraxinus sickbay he had trouble opening his eyes.

"What's this? You want to save him?" said Yoshinon.

"Please, doctor."

"All right, let Yoshinon handle this!"

He opened his eyes and saw Yoshino and Yoshinon standing over at someone's bed, who seemed to wake up as well. The curtain was blocking his view.

"Good morning," said Yoshino meekly.

She then walked out of the curtains, and realised Sera was awake as well.

"Oh, good morning..."

"Treatment success rate: 100 percent! Isn't Yoshinon a great doctor?"

Sera grasped his head.

"Good... morning. Urgh, my head hurts."

Yoshino nodded and walked away, as the person next door gasped.

"Tohka's here, too?" said Shido's voice.

"Shido... Rustic bread..."

Someone entered the room. It was Reine, who saw that Sera was awake.

"Good morning," she quietly whispered.

Then, she opened the curtains, as Sera got off the bed.

"Hi. You've both come to."

"Sera? Reine-san, why were we..."

"Once the battle with Tokisaki Kurumi was over, we brought you both here as you were unconscious."

"That's right...! What happened after that?! Tohka's just sleeping, right?! What about Kotori? Why was she... And what about Origami?! And Sera's weapon?!" asked Shido impatiently.

"Calm down, Shin."

"Is Mana okay?! And Kurumi... Please tell me she's alive! And the other students—"

"Kurumi's alive. She disappeared before I fell unconscious," jumped in Sera.

"Yes. That's right. Now, please calm down."

Shido calmed himself, if only a bit.

"Don't worry. Everybody is all right. To the best of my knowledge, there have been no deaths."

"Kotori has healing powers, but what about Mana? She was shot multiple times," asked Sera.

"Yeah! What happened to her?"

"Tobiichi Origami and Takamiya Mana... were recovered by the AST. They were probably taken to the Tengu JSDF Hospital. As Sera said, Kurumi got away. Tohka's exactly as she appears. Even though she was badly hurt herself, she insisted on staying by your side. She just passed out.

"It's not over yet, is it?" asked Shido.

"Of course not."

"Where is Kotori?"

"I'll show you, but... do try not to upset her. Same goes for you, Sera."

"We understand. But we must talk with her. Right, Shido?"

"Yeah. We need to hear the truth."

Reine nodded.

"Very well. Then please, follow me."

She took them into a special room which had an isolated makeshift living room, in which Kotori was sitting by the table and drinking from a cup.