Act 8: Unhappy Rain

The rain pours down from an unknown source. Falling like teardrops, it soaks the land. Is it the work of nature, or a mysterious bring? There is not one truth.

After Tohka was kissed by Shido and her anger was quenched, and Sera finally conversed with Origami who landed in a hospital, another morning began in Tengu city.

However, it was not a dawn accompanied with the bright Sun, as rain clouds covered the skies of Tengu city. Sora slept well after everything he went through and woke up to the light sounds of rain dropping.

Sora woke up and looked at his arm, as if to check something. He didn't find anything abnormal and saw the rain out of his bedroom window promptly.

 He didn't find anything abnormal and saw the rain out of his bedroom window promptly

"Great, the weather forecast was wrong. 10% chance of rain, maybe they left out an extra zero."

He went down to his living room and greeted his parents. Afterwards, he ate breakfast with them and prepared to head out of school.

"Don't forget your umbrella, dear!" said his mom before he left.

"I won't, mom," replied Sera kindly.

He opened the door and opened his umbrella, before going out into the pouring rain. Afterwards, he walked towards school. On his way, he met Tonomachi, who seemed to almost be waiting for him before stepping a foot out of his house.

"Ah, if it isn't Sera. Mind if I walk with you?"

"Of course not. Why would I mind?"

"Recently, you tend to disappear and leave me hanging, my good friend. I hope I'm not interrupting anything of yours?"

Sora shook his head.

"No. I guess a lot has happened recently, is all. And I'm not trying to cut you off, Hiroto."

Hiroto grinned before assuming his serious look.

"I can see that. But on more important news—The outskirts of Tengu were laid bare. They say the forests were turned against the very ground!"

"Really? Where did you hear that?"

"In the news, of course!"

Sera looked confused at Hiroto.

"...Since when do you watch the news, Hiroto?"

"Hiroto Tonomachi has to be a well-endowed man. Women like that, my good student!"

"Thought you already had a girlfriend."

"Even so, one's growth does not stop when he reaches his goal," proclaimed Hiroto.

"You're unusually wise. Is the rain having such an effect on you?"

"Haha. Very funny. I don't see you flaunting your girlfriend at me, nor do my rumour sources tell me you have one!" said Hiroto while smirking.