Act 7.2: Diary Entry

Dear diary, it's the twelfth of April. Huh, even the date reminds me of Tohka, who I met just two days ago. And yet, so much has happened already.

The start of school has been accompanied by my touching reunion with my friends, who were just as lively as ever. Then, I saw a spacequake firsthand, and met Tohka. A Spirit.

She looked at us with fear, anticipation, despondency. I thought she was going to kill us, but it was clear she was just on high alert, cornered.

She took mercy on us, and disappeared into her own world, as she called it.

That would have been the end of my little tale, but Shido wanted me to know the truth. And so, I was introduced to Ratatoskr and its commander, who was actually Shido's little sister.

Since then, our mission was clear. To save the Spirits by making them fall in love with Shido. In the end it worked, and Tohka is now in safety.

If no one told me that she was a Spirit, I'd think she was a normal human girl. Her date with Shido, it was a joy to be a part of. A part of me wishes I could have something like that, heh...

However, I also met Origami Tobiichi, a girl with two sides. One side is her genius student, the calm collected quiet person, who rarely stands out.

Her other side is that of a soldier. She's part of this special AST ground force that want to kill the Spirits.

She shot Shido who put his own life in danger for Tohka, and without his powers, he would be dead by now. I saw her face filled with terror as she shot him, and Tohka almost killed her.

I... tried to save her. And maybe I succeeded, but why? Why did I do it? Wouldn't I have done the same were I Tohka? If I had the power to act.

But because I helped Origami, she saved me in return. I sure got myself into a lot of trouble with the government.

I don't care if others think Origami is unredeemable, I think she is. She showed remorse, and I hope my words reached through, even if just a little.

Well, she said she loves Shido. Let's hope everything goes more smoothly, since she asked me to help her apologise. I'll do my best to mend the bridge between her and others.

Perhaps the weirdest thing today was the spear I saw in the fields. All this Angel of Justice and Demon King of Injustice stuff... It hurts my head.

Did it actually absorb itself into me? Was it a daydream? Why do I keep seeing these things... I have a feeling I'll find out eventually.

None of this should make sense, but who knows? Perhaps, like Shido, I was chosen for something. And if not, the better. I don't want to involve my parents, not yet.

Last confession I have to make to you, my dear diary, is justice. Yeah, justice. Seems to be the main topic for almost everything.

What is justice? Letting Tohka kill Origami, or saving Origami, who looked like a scared little girl?

Punishing Origami for her crimes, or giving her a chance to fix it all?

I don't know. I simply don't. But I know this: no one's going to die on my watch. Not Spirits, not AST, not anyone. And any injustice, I will make sure is made right.

That is what justice means to me. And I promise I won't let you down, my diary.

Tomorrow, we're going back to school. I'll make sure Origami gets her chance, but how she uses it is on her. And if she chooses to make things right, I'll support her.

That's it. I could write on and on, but I won't bore you, my diary. It's been a long time since I saw you, and I'll write in you again, because these memories are something I never wish to forget.

My name is Sera, and this is my recounting of what happened, my memories written on paper in case something happens to me. I did almost die a few times, after all. This is a dangerous mission I got myself into, and I don't know when it'll end.

I'm sure they'd write what I just wrote qutite differently, but alas. Till next time.