Prologue

In ancient Japan and its neighbouring nations, an urban legend was spread during times of bountiful harvest and mass death. It told of two beings; an angel and a demon king, who fought each other for millennia. When one gained momentary advantage over the other, the populace would either be graced by good health, or visited by the reaper of death respectively.

These weren't beings from Christianity or any religion, but rather legendary entities people recognized. They called them The Angel of Justice and The Demon King of Injustice respectively. The legend was lost to time, with only a small percentile of population bearing knowledge of it.

Few people believed such legends by then, but it is said the Demon King eventually overpowered the Angel as evil gained in strength over good, as justice was lost to man. Only with the power of hope and the purest feeling, love, did the Angel strike back enough to send them both falling towards Earth. What happened to them, no one knew or dared guess. The eldest believe they lost their power and became human themselves.

Thirty years after the Eurasian Sky Disaster (ユーラシア大空災), the first spacequake to occur somewhere on the border between China and Mongolia, which resulted in the death of around 150 million people, and after the South Kanto Sky Disaster which hit Japan, the Sun rose over Tengu city.

Here, a boy named Sera Seigi was woken up by his alarm clock. He was a high-school student, who had to go to school for the opening ceremony. Begrudgingly, he turned off the alarm and got up.

Little did he know that today, his story, and stories of many others would begin, filled with happiness, sadness, and most importantly: Love.

Inspired by the Anime adaption and Light Novels of Date A Live. I do not own the original works. Without further ado, let the journey begin!