Act 4: A Lesson in Romance

Sera played the dating simulator for a few hours, learning about the blue haired girl. Her name was Niikura, and to Sera's surprise she had lot of things common with him. Not appearance wise, where Sera had golden hair and light blue eyes, but in opinions and feelings.

He lost track of time, immersing himself within the experience. He didn't have any experience with girls before, especially romantically, but got on good terms with Niikura.

When it was a rainy day in the simulation, Sera came up to Niikura.

"Isn't it wonderful? The rain, I mean."

"Yeah... It's calming."

Niikura looked at Sera.

"Do you think you can do it? Make everything turn out well in the end?"

"I don't know, but won't know until I try, right?"

She smiled and took out an umbrella.

"I'm happy to have met you, Sera. But for now, we'll have to part ways."

Sera looked sadly at Niikura.

"Is this goodbye, Niikura?"

"If you love someone enough, there's no such thing as goodbye. They'll always be with you in your heart. But please, promise me something..."

"What is it, Niikura?"

She looked at Sera as if something was bothering her.

"Follow your heart. Even if doing so puts you in harm's way... It's the only way you can change yourself, and the world around you."

He considered her words.

"Maybe... Maybe you're right. I promise I'll follow my heart."

She smiled again.

"Thank you... That's all I ask. Farewell."

In time, Niikura disappeared in the rain. Promptly, the screen lit up and displayed the following: "Simulation Completed!"

Only then did Sera realise it was a simulation in the first place.

"But it felt so real... Was it all truly just a simulation? Oh no, the time! I should go to bed."

He quickly turned the computer off and changed into his pyjamas, going to sleep after. While falling asleep, he thought about what Niikura said.

...

His sleep wasn't a peaceful one, as another dream invaded it. In it, all he saw were buildings on fire, like a blazing inferno.

 In it, all he saw were buildings on fire, like a blazing inferno

He tried to look around and noticed two adults holding hands. A child came running.

"Mom! Dad!" screamed out the girl.

The two people looked at her.

"Origami!"

The girl smiled, until a flash appeared in the sky. Sera looked up as well, and all he could see was a bright explosion. It blinded everything, until he woke up in cold sweat. Somewhere else, Origami sleeping with no clothes woke up the same way, having the same dream. She grasped her head.