Prologue Part One: Imprisonment

(3rd Person's POV)

According to many people, the world is round. But...is that really true?

After all, Earth might have the shape of...rock candy! Like that spiky lump of sugar your grandma would wrap in a tissue! ...But, one wouldn't really know for sure.

It's not like they've actually seen the shape of the Earth. In the same way, they've never actually seen most things that are considered common knowledge. Common knowledge and what we take for granted.

We base our lives around such uncertain things. Well... not that it matters all that much for some people. I mean, some worlds aren't even big enough to worry about stuff like the shape of the earth or common knowledge.

"Yawwwn..."

Some like this young girl.

In fact, her world is pretty small

In fact, her world is pretty small. So small that it's actually pretty funny.

This is her world. This two-bedroom apartment that she lives in is the world that she finds herself in. Her life doesn't extend beyond these walls.

But it's not like she's a shut-in or anything. She's actually imprisoned inside this room. This young woman...is Komaru Naegi. She's a completely normal high school girl who lives an abnormal daily life.

DANGANRONPA ANOTHER EPISODE: ULTRA DESPAIR GIRLS

"Alright..." Komaru started, doing some arm stretches. She takes a running start before pounding at the door. "Let me out! Let me out of here! Hey! Jeez, you can hear me, right?"

Ever since her imprisoned life began, this pointless defiance became her morning routine. It was only in the beginning that she was seriously crying and yelling.

In frustration, Komaru threw one final kick, and with that, she stopped. 

It's been a year and a half since Komaru's imprisoned life began. Can you believe it? A year and a half! So long that she's become completely used to this life. It's frightening how well humans can adapt. She's learned that first hand through this imprisonment. But it's not like she's completely given up, of course. If she had, she wouldn't do things like change her uniform every morning. She just... doesn't wanna get her hopes up too much. Because through this imprisonment, she's learned too much about the horrifying despair that always follows hope.

Currently, Komaru was reading a magazine cover before... 

DING, DONG!

"Jeez! It's finally breakfast? It's about time, I'm starved in here!" Komaru let out a rough sigh.

But anyway. About this whole imprisonment... unfortunately, even Komaru, the victim, have no clue whatsoever.

Through a sliding hole, a plate with toast, eggs and bacon, and some tea was given.