Chapter 9: The Secret Base

(3rd Person's POV)

"See? Right here." Shirokuma said as he goes and flips a switch. The shutter in front of them opens up to reveal a wide area with dozens upon dozens of adults.

"Whoa!" Komaru sounded surprised.

"Okay, come on in, you guys!" Shirokuma made a "get over here" gesture with his arm as the three girls went inside.

"So many adults here!" Komaru exclaimed.

"I never expected there'd be an underground base like this..." Toko mumbled.

"It's an old warehouse where they used to store water tanks. The kids don't know about it!" Shirokuma informed.

"...What's with those trailers?" Akira asked, pointing at them.

"I brought them here to make it a little easier for everyone to live." Shirokuma answered. "Ehehe, aren't I strong? I might not look like it, but I'm built the same way as a Monokuma."

""Might not look like it"? You look exactly like a Monokuma..." Toko corrected.

"Since you're here, you might as well talk to everyone! You can talk to me after." Shirokuma advised as he walked off.

"You one-sided idiot... It's not like I want to talk to them..." Toko grumbled.

---

"Ones who just came in look pretty young..." A man mused as he slightly narrowed his eyes. "You better not be on the side of the kids."

"O-Of course not! Exactly what part of this voluptuous body is childish!?" Toko pointed out.

"Well, if Shirokuma brought you guys, we don't have to worry. We can trust him."

"Were you also brought here by Shirokuma?" Komaru asked.

The man nodded. "Yeah, all the people here were. We were all saved by Shirokuma." He pursed his lips. "But hey, sorry to be rude but, I don't really feel like talking. You can chat with someone else." He said as he walked off.

"Was that guy in a bad mood or something...?" Komaru wondered.

"Hmph, he just doesn't understand, acting all aloof." Toko scoffed. "He doesn't know real cool. I want Master Byakuya to teach him a lesson..." She grumbled before realizing her mistake. ...Wait, no! I want Master Byakuya to teach me a lesson!"

"...Somehow I think the first part was better..." Akira mumbled, sweatdropping.

---

"Um, are you hurt?" Komaru and the girls walked up to an injured woman. "Are you okay?"

"Ah, it's pretty bad, don't you think? The kids did it. If Shirokuma hadn't been there to save me, I would have been..."

"He risked his life? Shirokuma?" Toko blinked in surprise.

"Shirokuma saved our lives! If he weren't around, everyone here would be dead by now. You saw his wounds, right? He got those trying to help us all. I can't thank him enough..."

"Hmph, actually thanking a Monokuma..." Toko mused, a small scowl on her face.

"Don't do that! Don't lump him in with the other Monokumas!" The woman reprimanded her as she limped off.

"Toko... You don't have to be so prickly." Komaru frowned.

"I just said how I feel! Jeez, what kind of world is this?" Toko complained.

---

"Why, hello there!" A man greeted. "You three must be new. I hope we get along well together."

"Yeah, same here." Komaru nodded with a smile.