Chapter 2: Formation

(3rd Person's POV)

Komaru, now joined with Toko and Akira, made their way to try to get off the rooftop and out of the building. Thankfully the Monokumas on the rooftop were already dealt with, so the trio found a door and entered it as they made their way down the stairs and found themselves inside a hospital floor.

"Is this...a hospital?" Komaru mumbled.

"Dark and depressing... Just like me." Toko sighed to herself.

"Yeah, right..." Komaru lightly agreed.

""Right"!? Why didn't you deny it!?" Toko angrily huffed. "That means you agree, don't you!? Just as I thought, humans cannot be trusted..."

Komaru sweatdropped. "Humans...? You're having delusions."

"I prefer to call it imagination!" Toko replied before walking to a passage that was covered by a shutter. "W-Why's this shutter here? We can't even go down... This wasn't here when I was on the roof before! What's going on?"

"You can't open it?" Komaru asked.

Toko shook her head. "It's impossible, there's no power."

"Oh...now what?" Akira wondered.

"Oh, don't worry, there's a mystical spell that magically opens the door! Let's chant it together!" Toko suggested with a sarcastic tone.

"What!? Seriously?" Komaru widened her eyes while Akira facepalmed. 

Toko groaned. "Of course not! Obviously we just have to look for the switch and turn on the power!"

"O-Oh. Right..." Komaru scratched her cheek awkwardly, sounding a bit disappointed that there wasn't a magic spell to open the shutter.

The trio then walked around the floor, seeing if there was a way to open the door. Komaru turned her head only to see two people laying in their own blood.

The three walked up to them. "H-He's...dead...right?" Komaru gulped.

"W-Well obviously! You can't tell just by looking!? What are you, dense?" Toko spat as she averted her eyes from the bodies.

"Wh-What're you doing...?"

"I-I'm trying not to look at the body! I... I have a fear of blood!"

"Oh... You with a fear of blood... Didn't expect that..."

"What? I'm not allowed to have a girly side just because my other personality is a serial killer?"

Akira sweatdropped. "I don't think having hemophobia counts as a "girly" attribute..."

"I-I wasn't trying to be insulting!" Komaru assured. "But if you're afraid, shouldn't you just stay away from it?"

Toko took a deep breath. "I can't just keep saying I'm afraid. I need to overcome my fear of blood. After all, you gain meaning in life through personal growth."

"Th-That's a surprisingly positive outlook..." Komaru looked at her in surprise.

"Surprisingly? I thought you said you didn't want to be insulting. But I was just repeating Master." Toko admitted before nervously placing her hands on her head. "Ah, I just can't stand it! Just the smell  of blood is enough to make me faint! If Master wants, I'll give up on that whole personal growth thing!"

"So much for that..." Akira mumbled.

Moving on, the three continued to explore the floor before finding the power supply room. Like the rest of the floor, the room was dark.

"There's a power panel over there..." Toko pointed to it.

"O-Oh, I got it." Komaru said, shooting the panel with the "Move" setting on the Hacking Gun as the lights turned on while also hearing the sounds of the shutter opening.