Chapter 24: History Of The Towa Family

(3rd Person's POV)

"It all started when I was still attending the Hope's Peak Academy elementary school." Monaca began, wincing from her brother tight grip. "Monaca did a little prank to convince the Warriors of Hope to commit suicide."

"W-Wait, what!?" Kotoko blinked in shock. "That was a prank?"

"Oh, of course. Monaca didn't intend to end her own life at all. But you all took it so seriously." Monaca said.

"..." Kotoko's eye twitched.

"And around then, Monaca met Big Sis Junko with the most miraculous timing." Monaca continued. "The moment Monaca saw her...Monaca understood. Big Sis Junko is light itself that will shine down on Monaca's boring little world. It's a miracle! Thank you, Kami! ...At least, at the time I thought it was a miracle. But later I learned it was inevitable. She came into my life just to take advantage of me."

"...Take advantage...?" Komaru parroted, requesting for her to elaborate.

"By then, Monaca was already a chief executive at Towa Group's robotics branch." Monaca mentioned before looking up at Haiji. "Oh, Big Brother, I'm sorry about that... Wasn't it painful to watch your little sister surpass you?" She asked with a hint of smugness.

"..." Haiji simply glared down at her.

"And I'm also sorry to you, Kotoko. You didn't want to hear that little truth, did you? Big Sis Junko only cared about Monaca. The other Warriors of Hope were just bonuses."

Kotoko shook her head in denial. "D-Don't make stuff up! Big Sis loved us all!"

"Love? What are you talking about?" Monaca's eyes darkened as she menacingly stared at Kotoko. "There's no way someone would love you. Your own parents didn't even love you."

"Ugh... Ugh!" Kotoko winced, turning her head away from her.

"Enough. Just keep talking." Haiji demanded, tightening the grip.

"I-I'm sorry, I got it... Stop, Big Brother..." Monaca complied. "A-At first... Big Sis Junko was looking for a corporation that could mass produce machines. So that she could use them for The Tragedy. That's why, to meet her expectations, Monaca started making all the Mister Monokumas. Concentrating all of the resources of Towa Group's Robotics Branch..."

"And just what was everyone else at Towa doing!? Why did no one stop you...?" Toko asked.

"I lied. To Papa and Big Brother. I told them I was building robots that could be domestic helpers and emergency aid workers..." Monaca responded.

"And the adults actually bought that story?" Toko turned her head to Haiji.

Haiji sighed. "No... It's more like...we turned a blind eye. She was the outsider in our family... But she's tenacious, with a genius intellect. As long as she kept earning Towa Group money... We let her do whatever she wanted." He scowled. "This brat took advantage of her position and started mass producing these monsters on her own. I didn't know what the machines were even for, so as usual, I let her be... ...But I did think they had a weird design."

"And thanks to that, Monaca made Big Sis Junko so happy. She started using them for the incident. That's what helped the incident get bigger and bigger..." Monaca said.

"That's when the old man finally realized what was up. And when he tried to stop you..." Haiji trailed off

---

"It's a little too late to stop producing the Monokumas anyway, right? If we stopped, Big Sis Junko would reveal the whole thing... She would make it known that Towa Group built all those murder machines. And if she did that... Towa Group's finished."