Chapter 5: Monokuma Child Chase

(3rd Person's POV)

"Huh?" Back in Towa City, Akira spotted a siren. But popping up was another new Monokuma Unit.

 But popping up was another new Monokuma Unit

Wee-oo, Wee-oo! - Siren Monokuma

"Another Monokuma..." Komaru said as the Siren Monokuma laughed as a few Monokuma robots appeared.

"Wh-What's it doing?!" Toko wondered.

"Looks like it can summon regular Monokumas in the area to its spot..." Akira deduced as she ran towards the Siren Monokuma. The Monokumas would try to get in her way, but would be quickly shot away by Komaru. Akira backflipped-jumped as she was above the Siren Monokuma before stomping it in the head, electricity emitting from it. "Well, that was easy."

---

The girls would continue on by entering a store of some kind. They found some swanky doors and entered it to see a Monokuma Kid with a present next to them.

"Woah! Another one!" Komaru exclaimed.

"Looks like this Monokuma Kid has a gift for us..." Toko said as Komaru opened it to find the "Dance"  bullet.

"Tee hee...!" The Monokuma Kid giggled as they ran off.

"Those kids are our enemies, right?" Komaru placed a finger to her chin. "Why are they helping us?"

"..." Toko stayed silent.

"Well, whatever. I guess it doesn't matter all that much. Let's go." Akira said as they walked out.

---

"Um, are you alright?" Komaru said as the three spotted a person who seemed to be alive.

"Eeek!" The man shrieked. "A, A-A, A-A-A-A kid! Are you a kid!?"

Komaru frantically shook her head. "N-No, I'm not! We're being attacked by the children too! I'm on your side!"

"I-I see..." The man slowly nodded. "I'm sorry... I have to always have my guard up, y'know? Or else I'll end up dead... I know it's pathetic... Surviving by running and hiding like a coward."

"Don't be so hard on yourself." Akira held her arms behind her back. "In a situation like this, it's normal to act like that."

"Wait a minute. You...ran all the way here by yourself?" Toko looked at him.

"...No." He shook his head. "At first, it was my whole family with me, but... Now I'm the only one. My parents and my wife all ended up prey to those Monokumas..."

Komaru gave him a sympathetic look before offering. "Um, if you want... Do you want to come with us? I'm sure it will be better than running alone..."

"Tempting offer, but I'm sorry, I can't." He refused. "My right leg's torn up from a Monokuma. I can't run with just one leg."