Chapter 6: Duel Against The Demons

(3rd Person's POV)

After finally getting out of that hospital, the girls made their way towards the subway entrance. Though, in front of it, they saw a woman who looked to be panicking.

"A kid...actually using a monster like that... A monster like that shouldn't exist... A monster like that... It's impossible..." She muttered to herself.

"Um..." Komaru spoke up as the woman noticed them.

"Y-You three... You're not children, right?"

"No, we're not. We're also being hunted by the children..."

"Um, I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but... What did you mean when you said monster...?"

The woman froze as she teared up. "I-I-I'm sorry, I... Just...saying it out loud is... I can't..."

"If you can't say it, that's fine!" Komaru assured her.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." She apologized over and over.

"I-I said it's just fine!"

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Please, don't kill me, don't kill me..."

"..."

"Jeez... What could break an adult down like this...?"

"...I don't like the feeling I'm getting from this..." Akira frowned.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..."

The three shared a grimace as they left the woman to her own devices and walked towards the subway shutter. 

"Alright, I'm going to try to open it with that key from earlier." Komaru said as she took it out. "Ugh, what if it's no good? I'm so nervous..." She mumbled as she entered the key in.

CLICK!

"Y-Yay! Yay! Toko, Aki, it worked! It's open!" Komaru cheered.

Toko sweatdropped. "I-I can see that..."

"Toko, Aki, let's open the shutter! Give me a hand!" Komaru urged them.

Toko sighed as Akira shrugged. "I-I guess I've got no choice, right?"

"Hmmph...!" The three girls grunted as they lifted the shutter open.

"...If we go down these stairs and through the subway, we're saved, right?" Komaru asked.

"Y-You can't know for sure... We might run into danger instead..." Toko countered.

"Well... Should we not go, then?" Komaru suggested.

"...I don't know." Toko sighed.

"I-If you say it's better not to go, then I'll trust you." Komaru said before her expression softened. "But... We've come all this way, and we don't have any better escape plans right now..." She pointed out.

"Argh, so indecisive..." Toko moaned before exclaiming. "Fine! I'll go! We're going this way, I decided, so now just do what I say! Happy?"

"Y-Yeah...?" Komaru confusingly replied.

The three head down the subway tunnel, and the more the went the more they saw children's drawings scribbled on the walls. Eventually, they found the door as the opened it and went right on in.

"Wh-why is it so dark? I told you, I'm afraid of the dark!" Toko shivered.

"It's OK. I'm telling you, it's not that dark." Komaru said.

"I never really got those people who're afraid of the dark. It's not that bad...is it...?" Akira commented.

"I-It is that bad! And it is dark!" Toko refuted before jerking her head upwards and shouting. "Aaaaaargh! Is anyone there? Turn on the light, damnit!"