Chapter 17: Please Leave The City

(3rd Person's POV)

"I beg of you. Please, just leave the city!" Nagisa pleaded, looking desperate.

"Wh-Where did this come from...?" Komaru wondered nervously.

However, unbeknownst to the girls and the kids, a Monokuma Kid was recording the entire thing.

---

"Aww, I knew this would happen..." The Servant said, watching the recording on a small tablet.

---

"In order for the new society of children to be calm and peaceful, I need to create paradise. Everyone has high expectations of me... I cannot fail." Nagisa explained. "So please! Get out of our town!"

"Hmm..." Akira mused, twirling some of her hair around her finger.

"B-But..." Komaru stuttered.

"O-Omaru, Aki, don't be tricked! You don't have to actually accept that offer..." Toko said.

"No, this is not an offer. It's an honest request." Nagisa responded as he went down to his knees and pleaded. "Please. I'm begging you, please leave..."

"H-Hey!" Komaru exclaimed.

Toko narrowed her eyes. "I-I wouldn't trust a kid, even if he's kneeling on the ground! He's obviously tricking us!"

"I do not intend to trick you...I'm serious!" Nagisa said.

CLICK, CLICK!

"...Huh?" Both Komaru and Akira wondered in unison as they looked on their wrist to see the wristbands release their grip.

"And now...you two are free." Nagisa took the wristbands off.

"Hmm..." Akira grabbed her wrist. "It feels kinda weird having it off now..."

"N-Nagisa!" Kotoko looked worried. "If you do this, you're gonna make Monaca super sad!"

"I know that! But it has to be done!" Nagisa shouted back with a pained expression. "Monaca has high expectations of me! I'm sure she'll understand!"

"..." Kotoko said nothing, but nodded reluctantly.

"I'll take you to the secret passageway. It's the only way to get out of town. I can guarantee your safety until you reach it. The Monokumas won't attack with me here. ...C'mon. Let's go." Nagisa began to walk away.

"H-Hey! I told you to wait!" Toko yelled.

Nagisa stopped, turning his head back to her. "...What? Do you have another objection?"

"D-Do I...? Um..." Toko lightly bit her thumb before turning to Komaru and Akira. "O-Omaru! Aki! Are you two really okay with this!?"

"...Huh?"

"Of course they are, this is what they wanted all this time." Nagisa replied.

"I-I wasn't talking to you! I'm asking them!"

"..." The two girls stayed silent, but their looks implied that they were considering Nagisa's offer.

"The two want to leave this town, why are you getting in their way? You're on the same side, right? Then you should respect their feelings." Nagisa advised.

"Her feelings...?" Toko widened her eyes before turning her head away from him. "Sh-Shut up, you have no right to say that..."

"It's going to be alright. I will personally guide you to the secret passageway. No need to worry." Nagisa assured them.