Chapter 22: The Ghost Of Towa

(3rd Person's POV)

"Eeek!" Toko shrieked as the girls entered the Chairman's Office only to find the ground covered with puddles of pink blood. "It's blood! BLOOOD!" She yelled as she quickly calmed down and groaned. "Ugh, I was so shocked I really drew out that last word..."

"...Hey, Toko, Aki..." Komaru walked to the front desk to see a dead body, who she was sure was Haiji's father.

"Did you find it?" Akira asked.

"I did, but... What should I do...? It's laying on the floor... It's looking at me." Komaru grimaced, scared tears welling up in the corners of her eyes.

"Y-You don't have to give me the details!" Toko grasped her head, doing her best to look away from all the blood. "I-If you don't think it'll work..."

"But if we give up now... We won't be able to get through... And then all the people of the town might end up like this..." Komaru muttered before taking a deep breath and nodding. "I'll do it... Yeah, I'll do it."

A few minutes later, Komaru approached them, holding a large paper bag. "It's...done..."

"What's that paper bag?" Toko inquired before shaking her head. "No, wait, never mind... I don't wanna know."

"Yeah... Probably better if you don't." Komaru sighed. "Okay, let's head back to the retinal scanning place..."

"Y-Yeah..."

---

Back at the elevator...

"..." Komaru grimaced, her eyes turning dull as she stared at the paper bag. "Okay, I'm taking it out of the bag..."

"Y-Yeah, you do it... Hurry up and do it already..." Toko urged.

"Don't rush me..." Komaru grumbled as she proceeded to do so and use the severed head's eye on the retinal scanner. "Uuuuuuuugh..." She groaned.

DING!

"..." Komaru continued to stare at the body.

"I...think it's open." Akira said.

"...We don't need it anymore, right? Just... Just throw it." Toko suggested.

"N-No, I can't! I'll get divine punishment!" Komaru's face paled.

Toko let out an annoyed groan. "Divine punishment, sensing ghosts... That's enough of your occult stories! Divine punishment is a fiction the living created. The dead have no power."

"That...might be true, but..." Komaru tried to argue.

"...Miss..."

Komaru froze. "...Huh? Toko? Aki? Did you say something?"

"No...?" Akira tilted her head.

"We didn't say anything..." Toko said.

"Th-That's strange, for some reason... I thought I heard a voice..." Komaru mumbled.

"I was just telling you to stop with that stuff!" Toko made an irritated glare at her.

"Miss... Miss..."

"See! I hear it aga--" Komaru turned her head around to see a white sprit-like entity. "Kyaaaaaaah!" She shrieked as she dropped to the floor, landing on her butt while dropping the paper bag with the severed head in it. "Ah... Awawa...wawawa..."

"Eh...?" Akira folded her arms in a confused manner.

"What...? What happened? What are you shouting about all of a sudden?" Toko asked.