Chapter 10: The Trouble With Towers

(3rd Person's POV)

"What...is that?" Komaru pointed to some sort of vehicle as they got out of the meeting room. 

The vehicle had some sort of television with it as the adults were watching. But judging from their reactions and expressions, it wasn't anything pretty.

"S-Someone, help! That's my wife!"

"P-Please calm down!"

"I can't! I can't just stay calm looking at this!"

"This is a trap! They're just trying to flush us out. Why fall for their cheap tricks?"

"Did something happen?" Komaru wondered.

"...It might be better if you guys didn't look." Shirokuma advised as he approached the girls.

"...Huh? Why?" Toko looked at him.

Shirokuma sighed. "Just because the adults managed to make their way here... It doesn't mean they're "saved." As long as we're helpless against the children, there will be no future for the adults here." He suddenly perked up as he made a wistful smile. "But, there's no need for you guys to worry about that! I'm sure you're already troubled enough..."

"Then I won't think about it. W-Won't do any good anyway..." Toko mumbled.

"And...sorry about earlier." Shirokuma apologized. "I never thought Haiji would react like that..."

"It seems as if he hates Future Foundation." Komaru stated, placing a finger to her chin.

Toko scoffed. "Wh-Who cares? I'm not interested in those who are beneath me." She shook her head. "Anyway... The exit's over there, right?"

"Huh? Leaving already? You should at least stay the night." Shirokuma advised.

"I-If I had to spend a night in this dump, I would rather leap into the arms of a Monokuma." Toko grimaced.

"Aren't you being a bit too dramatic...?" Komaru sweatdropped.

"They're probably planning to attack us while we sleep. Or take funny pictures of our sleepy faces!"

Komaru widened her eyes in fear. "Oh no! A sleeping face shot would be bad!"

Akira sweatdropped. "That's what would be bad?"

"But it's already nighttime. And underground, it's going to be even darker..." Shirokuma pointed out.

"Huh!? D-Dark already?" Toko looked nervous before sighing. "I-I guess I've got no choice... If you insist. Just for one night."

---

Later...

"See, this place is a private room." Shirokuma said as they were in what looked like a prison cell. "It's usually used for the injured and sick."

""Private room"? No matter what you call it, this is a prison cell!" Toko narrowed her eyes, looking around the "private room".

Shirokuma made a flop-sweat. "N-No it's not! It just looks like one! But... It's not."

"Well, this is the only place there is, so... We got no choice." Komaru said.

"And about what you mentioned before..." Shirokuma looked up at Toko. "Are you really a member of Future Foundation, Toko?"

"S-So what if I am?"

"And if you make contact with them, they will come and save us?"

"Well, yeah, but reaching them is the problem..." Komaru looked downtrodden.