6. ╰┈➤WEIRD

A week had passed by. A damn week and ever since they opened school, talking to Taehyung was as rare as a buttless horse. Jungkook was the only person who got to see him occasionally and for the first time, she would have to admit that she was jealous of their friendship.

Lorlei wanted to be close to Taehyung. Closer than Jungkook ever was.

Focus on your studies. A voice that sounded like her brother's whispered. She realized that she had been staring at the same page of her chemistry book for the past one hour.

"Focus bitch." She mumbled, ducking into her arms, fingers combing through her tresses.

She has been thinking of him way too much for her liking. This was almost a borderline obsession.

Studies were her priority.

But knowing that Taehyung was in close proximity, under the same building on the same ground, where she could walk into his dorm and lick his sexy ass, her body refused to coordinate with her strategic mind and instead drowned in the whirlpool of delusional romance.

She became uncomfortably aware of everything and everyone around her, especially of the other gender. She wasn't sure what it was but her body heated up when any slight physical contact was made. For example, when Jungkook grazed his pinkie against her hand during lunch when he was handing her his banana milk. That same spot could burn an entire forest.

No, she didn't have a crush on him, it just...made her feel weird.

She sat up, ploughing her hair out of her face then froze when his scent wafted to her nose and arms wrapped around her shoulders. Jimin.

Her mind replayed the moment Jimin had walked up behind her a few days ago and surprised her with a hug and a kiss on her cheek. Well, it didn't land on her cheek but at the corner of her mouth. She had laughed it off and both of them never said anything and assumed that it was her cheek.

It was an innocent accident that no one dared to acknowledge.

Her heart fluttered. Not in a -I-like-you-way but in a way she couldn't fathom.

Jimin plopped on the chair across from her, turning his beautiful coffee eyes to the wet glossy window.

It was a rainy evening. For the first time, she enjoyed the weather. Feeling secure under a roof and light. The smell of wet earth was soothing.

The best thing about senior year (in this school) is the amount of time teachers give and the option of choosing if to attend evening classes or not.

Lorlei preferred self studies. Jimin depended more on teachers. An auditory learner.

"Aren't you cold?" His eyes swept her frame making her feel anxious. Slightly. She cleared her throat. This romance thing was not working in her favour at all.

"It's not that cold." Compared to her thin walled apartment that supported broken windows, the warmth was satisfying. She questioned if she deserved it.

Yes you do. You deserve so much more. Her brother would always say. If you work hard you will be surprised with the results.

"I have to study." Her tone was stern and she wanted to add another sentence, a light friendly one but decided against it.

Leave. I need to be alone.

"Oh." Jimin gaped his mouth, eyes dropping to his own books then to the side. His ears pinched a warm pink as he picked up his books and glued a smile in her direction.