15╰┈➤ANXIETY ON A TWIRL.

"Did you have breakfast?"

Lisa came up to her. Sora widened her eyes unbeknownst to her as to why she was surprised.

Lower than a whisper, “Wow you’re pretty.” Lisa mused stuffing her muffin in her mouth. “I was looking for you so that we could have breakfast together but you disappeared. You have a talent for that.”

Sora smiled at Lisa’s chuckle. Was she making a friend? Is this how friendships begin?

“Sorry for that.” Ghad she hated her whispery voice. She cleared her throat, straightened her spine. “I…” she peeped, clearing her throat again. “I was…was…I couldn’t sleep.”

Lisa gingerly stepped close with a sigh. “I understand. The first night is always uncomfortable. Homesick?”

Sora pressed her lips. She didn't think of home, her mind was too occupied planning strategies on how she was going to survive in this confining space with an uncomfortable generous number of people. How was she going to sleep without her nightmares, how to not scream at night or run around hallucinating? The pills he gave her couldn’t sustain her for more than a month and she had three months here. Her father would not hear a tut about her coming home for the weekend. Sora wished that her father was involved in politics, she could have more freedom to pop in and out of school whenever she wanted. Freedom. Nonetheless, she did miss her mother so she responded,

“Yes.” She missed her it ached.

“May I?” Lisa offered her a hug and slowly Sora walked into it.

Peculiar. Lisa smelled like peppermint and pineapples. Peculiar. “I like the…your hair smells nice.” Sora softly said.

“Thankyou.” Lisa grabbed Sora by the shoulder, intensely looking into her eyes. “Yoongi has a full box of this amazing shampoo, I can ask him to give you one, and don't get me started with the conditioner, it leaves your hair softer than cotton candy. Seriously, you’re really beautiful.”

Sora smiled. She dipped her chin to her chest, hiding behind the tresses of her hair. “Do you have a mask I can borrow?”

“Oh, did I make you uncomfortable? I’m sorry, but I do mean it, that you are such a beautiful person, genuinely…” Lisa fell into a short rumble before spotting Jungkook. “Kook.”

About to bypass them, he stopped in his track, three steps ahead of them. He partially turned to them, hooked up an inquisitive eyebrow.

"Mask."

"Huh?"

"Help me with a mask. If you have a spare on you."

Sora cut her gaze to the wall then threw it on the hard marble floor. She shifted her weight from one foot to the other, fingers crossing each other, intertwining with her wrist band. Too many people. She wanted to sit in a corner. Alone. Alone. Alone with space. A shaky breath slipped her lips when she sensed Jungkook come near. She took a small step back.

Inhale, exhale.

Sora peaked through her lashes catching Jungkook's gaze while he extended his hand to her, a black mask on his palm.

"Good morning." He said tenderly as if scared that she would run away if he was too enthusiastic.

Amongst all her classmates, Jungkook was the one she shared most interactions with. He didn't make her uncomfortable, the main reason being she never paid attention to him and he caught her bored most of the time. Their encounters never surpassed ten seconds nor were they friendly. Only passing notebooks, handing in assignments and if she could remember correctly, a group project, once. Twice?