21╰┈➤SIMMERING FEELINGS

"Who is that?" Lorlei asks

She sits on her bed, cosied in her cotton purple tank top and matching shorts. The dorm room is fused with lulling conversation, the space almost empty.

Momo and Lorlei have retired to bed early.

Momo closes her window with a light bang! Throws a look over her shoulder, sweeping the room in a quick scan.

Rippp! The brown envelope tears open and she takes a quick peek inside. Her skin pales and her lips press tight together.

Concerned, Lorlei reaches for her, places a palm on Momo's knees and it's as if she zapped her. Momo jolts, sniffles and her eyes unbearably carry heavy, pent up tears.

"What's wrong?" Lorlei catches her in a hug, shoulders quaking against her.

"I'm...I'm...oh ghad yn* what am I to do? I don't know what I am doing." It felt bleak for Momo, all candles blown out in her life and her thoughts floated aimlessly. She couldn't see ahead, a solution and the solutions she thought of, fought her every second; she fell ill as a result. To worsen the matter, she had no one to blame, not even Cade.

"I don't want it." More tears blur her vision and a pang of pain thrums at her temple. She already made her decision. Not only would it be disappointing to her mother but also to herself. She couldn't give up her youth yet to become a mom, have another little human nagging her mind. The year was still young and possibly quitting school last minute was convincingly possible. And what was she supposed to do next?

"Whose is it?"

How on earth would she tell this to Cade? Seeing him horrendously terrified her she could die the next minute. He was the son of a well-renowned judge. A judge! Reputation mattered to him and being a teen father wasn't appeasing in any form. He would reject her and the confirmation that she would be alone would surely push her over the edge. Every time she tried to think, angry faces flashed, discouraging words whispered, the endless thoughts, she couldn't take it and the anxiety was downright nauseating.

"It will be okay." Lorlei hugs her tight, caressing Momo's back while she rocks her. No talk would be happening tonight. "It's fine. It's all going to be alright. I'm here now. We will get through this together okay? You're not alone and I support the decision you will make."

____________

Sometimes you just have to be the bigger person.

"I'm sorry." Sora yelps when Lisa enters the room.

Lisa pauses, mid-step then proceeds to close the door. "Huh?"

"For earlier. I was being mean." Sora shifts on her bed, her stolen pillow against her.

So it wasn't about the video. Lisa's shoulders relax and a rare smile sprouts. "You have to repay me."

Sora's face loses its colour. " I don't have a lot of money."

"I'll share. Tell me more about yourself."

___________

By the time he came in, Jungkook was on the ground, bare fingers picking up shards of broken glass. One broke Taehyung's flesh and he jumped back with a hiss, unsettled with Jungkook's silence.

No 'hello', no 'be careful'. Nothing.

"I'll help." Taehyung offers, brushing the soles of his feet.

"No thanks." Jungkook rises to his feet, his palms streaked with thin lines of red, his knuckles, a blotch of crimson.