7. ╰┈➤LETTERS

It was a spirited Friday morning. The dorms drowned with chatters, gasps, snide remarks.

"But he was handsome. Illegally handsome." A sophomore whined, popping bobby pins into her hair.

"I know, right? And smart." Another girl said beside her, swiping a gelled toothbrush along her edges. "But why did he leave so suddenly?"

"Cause school sucks. I mean...who enjoys books?"

"He is a top student. He masturbated to books."

There was an outburst of laughter.

"I'm sure he slept with some teachers to get them A's." Another girl said- a junior-pouting at her monolids as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. "Can someone help me attain the cat-eye look? I don't know how to put on this eyeliner without smudging it."

Done with her edges, the girl pulled back a few strands of her braids, washed her hands and assisted with the eyeliner. "Will they announce it during the assembly? There is no way they will not tell us what happened."

"It's Horizon High. They don't tell us anything unless someone is dead. It's how they don't talk about Taehyung and his free pass to A's without taking any exam." The Bobby-pinned girl rolled her eyes.

"We are talking about Nate. Taehyung is a taboo topic. Why do you think Nate got expelled?"

News travels fast. She was always the last one to catch on. How does everyone know about his expulsion at five in the morning? No one had been out of the dorms. Lorlei clutched her books, passed by the gossiping group to leave the dorm. She met Jimin downstairs as they both planned to study together this time, Momo tagging along.

Lorlei invited Irene (for the fourth time) and Irene declined, barely keeping eye contact, almost disregarding her like an annoying barking pup. Irene had been distant.

Or she was overthinking it.

Back to Nate. What? He has been expelled? Why?

Guilt crept up her neck. It had something to do with Tae and if she spoke to him as Nate had requested, he would be here transactioning her money to her savings account.

She pressed her eyes shut unaware of Jungkook's watchful eye.

That was a lot of money.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook asked.

She looked at him, smiling at the small smile that greeted her. "Nothing. Sorry. I'm just shocked about Nate."

They held each other's eyes for a moment.

"Do you know what happened?" She asked.

"I don't. You are asking the question to the wrong person."

She almost scoffed. He is his best friend. They always know everything about one another. She was convinced Jungkook knew something but couldn't tell because...besties never tell.

Quiet.

There was a bitter taste at the back of her tongue. The bitter taste of the fact that Taehyung was the cause of Nate's expulsion. She knew it was a fact, yet she found herself not believing it. Taehyung is a sweet charm, kind, caring, funny with a relaxed vibe.

'tell him to leave my family matters.'

Nate and Taehyung? There is no plausible reason for Tae to mingle with Nate.

"Nate is a jerk. I'm sure he messed up somewhere." Jungkook finalised tapping his art theory book before them.

A jerk? That, she agreed to and maybe, Nate did really mess up and decided to use her. Was Taehyung bullied by Nate perhaps?