11╰┈➤MOMO

Soft murmurs ate the silence as she hastened her steps past classrooms. Worry settled, making her face scrunch up.

Since yesterday, Momo had been in and out of the washroom. Mood, snappy. One minute she was a literal sunshine, the next a homeless demon that got its balls stolen. They haven't talked as much and they rarely found themselves in the same room.

Lorlei wouldn't blame her. She too had been chasing that distance, telling herself she needed to dedicate more time to her studies and with the time she had, she ended up wasting it with endless thoughts on Taehyung. She seemed to always need more alone time to sort herself out. Forgetting Momo.

Hopefully, Momo wouldn't take it personally. She wouldn't anyway.

Her palm pushed the washroom door, feet sending echoes in the white tiled floor. Lorlei held her breath, listening.

A violent hurl emanated from the last stall, the door slightly ajar.

"Momo?" She called to make sure. "Pikachu~" she called more softly. A weak wrist peaked out, fingers shooing in the air. She ambles to her, pinching her nose as she takes in her form.

Momo squatted before the bowl, both hands holding her hair. Her forehead glistened with sweat, eyes hooded, stray tears licking down her face.

"I feel like I'm going to die." Momo's voice is above a whisper as she jerks forward.

Lorlei looks away, inching close to rub small circles on Momo's back.

"Stopped by the nurse's office?"

"It didn't help." Momo heaved, leaning her head on Lorlei's hip.

"How do you feel right now?"

"Hot. I want to sleep."

There was a knock at the door. "Ladies, may I come in?" The voice belonged to Cade.

Lorlei felt momo stiffen against her.

"Sure." Lorlei said when the silence stretched for too long.

A boy in black, straight, tousled hair walked in, his gaze shy and avoidant of Lorlei's. He pinned them on Momo, walking close as worry sat on his brows. "What's wrong-'

"Fuck off."

This was awkward. Lorlei straightened.

"Let's talk."Cade stepped closer.

"Later."

"Momo-"

"Please, please just leave. I am not in the mood right now as you can see.We will talk later."

"Fine. Make that a promise."

Momo looked away, silent until Cade left.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing." Came Momo's response. Terse.

"Okay. Let's stop by the nurses office then head to the dorms. Are you studying?"

"Are you serious?"

"That is a no then. Okay."

"Is she okay?" Dawon ran up to them, almost taking Momo's face into his hands. Momo moved away, lifting a thumb to assure him that she was okay. Dawon slipped a hand around her waist telling Lorlei that he would help.

To the nurse's office they went.