9.╰┈➤NEW AWARENESS

One day as a boarder? Not bad, she thought. She was doing well actually.

Sacrificed sleep.

Woke up in the middle of the night for a bath, careful not to wake Lisa.

Skipped breakfast, had a short nap on her desk and woke up extra tired at seven am.

She survived.

She could relax for the first three classes before wondering how she would go to the canteen and get snacks for break. Will she eat there? Or come back? Is there a deserted corner? She could go to the piano room. What about the field? She looked out of the window. The day was beautiful to have a meal under the sky. There won't be enough time.

"Hey."

She snapped her head up. Surprise punched her hard in the gut, jabbing her again and again. Her throat felt parched and she realised she hadn't drunk water since she began sleeping in this building. Not important. What was she supposed to say? A soft croak emerged from her lips but he spoke over her, covering her embarrassment.

"Nate said to give this to you." One of his hands was in his pocket, eyes looking down at her. Looking hot for absolutely no reason. She looked at his small hand in front of her, holding a neatly folded note. Just put it on the table. Her eyes said.

He raised a brow. Why should I?

Something was amiss. Unfamiliar, peculiarly uncomfortable. She felt seen. Naked. He was staring. What did that expression mean?

She looked down, to the side, her hair sliding over her face. Shit. She took the note, mumbled 'thanks' and pulled out a book.

Jimin's hand slowly disappeared into his blazer pocket, prolonging his presence before he sauntered back to his seat.

After a minute, she looked up, peeking between the spaces of her tresses. She held her breath, feeling anxious when she caught a few pairs of eyes on her, one of them being Lorlei's. Was that a smile? A sneer?

She fiddled with the note.

I wish I fucked you over the moment I recognized u cuntless bitch!

She read it again. Again. And again.

The corner of her mouth rose. "Tch!"

____________________

"You do know careless mistakes are actually stupid to everyone. Right?" Miss Suiton said, leaning over her desk and tapping a rose petal in the vase on her table. She hitched her glasses up her nose, green eyes meeting a bored Taehyung who slid in his chair, a lighter clicking in his hand.

"And so?" Taehyung broke the silence feeling impatient. He looked at the beautiful bouquet, guessing that his father sent them.

"You represent our school Taehyung. You are the face of Horizon High and everything that you do out there on school days affects our school. Tremendously, might I add?" She emphasised watching him from above her glasses now.

"Yes?" He nodded. Wondering when she would introduce Nate into the conversation and give him an earful or call his dad. On second thought, the geezer must be on his way right now.

"Your father is concerned that you can't deliver a speech." She laid back, folding her arms against her chest.

Taehyung laughed. 'Father' and 'concern' don't belong together in that sentence. His father would never give a damn, even if he walked into his death. Jin was all that mattered.

"Do you have stage fright?"

His brows lifted, the lighter almost slipping. "What?" Where was Nathaniel at? Even if he was a privileged ass, meddling with someone's education isn't something to take lightly.