12 ╰┈➤ UNSPOKEN SPARKS

The bell rang and that was a stress reliever to Taehyung.

Finally, bed.

He packed up his books. From the corner of his eye, Sora didn't move from her chair.

Her fingers interlocked on top of her book, the hood of her fleece jacket hiding her face. Her fingers pulled at each other, gaze at the window not looking at anything in particular.

"Tae." Irene called and when he turned, he didn't miss the stiffening of Sora's shoulders.

The reaction wasn't anything to garner one's curiosity but he couldn't help but overthink it. What if she just felt a shiver? What if she didn't notice him at all? What if she did? Did she know him?

They have never talked, never made eye contact. They were in the same class but it won't be surprising if she doesn't know him. But, he was the upcoming prime minister's son. How could she not know him? Was she the type to hate people of high status? Speaking of status, what was hers? She must be from a rich family to attend Horizon High or was she the same level as Lorlei? On some sponsorship or something?

"What's up?" He addressed Irene, walking over to her, decreasing the distance between him and Sora.

His nerves tingled, his heart beat a pace faster.

He pressed his palm at the back of Irene's chair and at the top left corner of Irene's desk, he leaned down to get a better look of Irene's question.

"I had a question. I-in the...um...about politics and stuff, there is a section I don't understand. Do you understand it?"

He did. He didn't like talking about it. "Jungkook can help you with that."

"What about you?" Irene persisted.

The class was almost empty, only three-excluding Irene Sora and Tae, were in the room.

"I don't think I have the confidence to explain it to you in a way you will understand." What Taehyung knew about politics is not what the rest of the students knew, it wasn't in the book. Only a snippet of it.

"Don't worry, I am a fast learner. We can go through some other topics together, or I can help you in other subjects, just to return the favor."

"You don't have to. Really."

One student stepped out.

"I wouldn't want to disturb Jungkook. He has his art exams going on, Jimin as well. Lorlei is rarely available and you are my deskmate." She shrugged. "So why not?"

"I'm not smart." Taehyung blurted, more pain in his voice than he wanted to allow.

Irene blinked, hesitation flashing in her eyes that she might have pressured him. "You always pass in history tests."

"Free marks maybe?" Taehyung straightened up. He sensed her sensing him. Sora still remained seated in her chair.

"It's not. I checked your paper." She stilled when his eyes thinned. "You threw it away and I failed on the test so wanted to revise it. So... I find you smart Taehyung. And I am asking for help. Selfishly. I know I am being annoying right now, but I need your help. Please."

It was only them in the room, Irene was slowly fading out and all he could think about was the girl behind him, eyes to the window. He didn't want to end this conversation.

This moment.

"Really. I am not efficient enough." He hadn't noticed his voice was an octave lower, afraid he was disrupting Sora.

Irene's heart was about to explode, especially with him looking at her with that lazy look, towering over her. She abruptly stood up, almost head butting his chin. Taehyung moved back, closer to her. He held his breath, hands diving into his pockets.

"Great, See you tomorrow morning?"

Sora's seat screeched, he sensed her move away.

"Not an early bird." he let out a breathy laugh. Irene clutched her books, hitching her bag on her shoulder.

"Goodnight Tae. Tomorrow morning." She was trying not to bolt out of there, to look as casual as possible.

Irene's footsteps dissolved into the silence. The awareness of her scorched his skin. He hadn't moved away and he brought his lower lip in between his teeth, the hands in his pocket feeling clammy. He formulated the words in his head questioning why he felt so nervous. Bewildered by this much effect she had on him.

He walked to his desk, stashed his books inside his bag slowly contemplating whether to ask if she was going to overstay her prep.

It will be friendly. They are not enemies. They're classmates so practically they are friends.

"Taehyung."

Fear zapped him.

He looked up.

Jin stood by the door, eyes sadly smiling at him.

"Dad is here to pick you up."