16╰┈➤STUPIDITY HOSPITALISED

Taehyung blinked after the shutter of a camera schooling his expression to quash the looming sneer.

“Smile.” His mother hissed in his ear, gripping his shoulders and giving them a tight squeeze. She pulled him closer to her side making him flick a glance at her face.

He caught a soft scowl. Unfamiliar to her ever passive expression. She squeezed his shoulder and a smile zapped across his visage.

More flashing sliced his vision then…

"Jin!" A jittered hiss.

Mrs Kim, Jin and Taehyung snapped their heads to the man in a black suit, slicked back charcoal hair and wide emerald eyes.

Mrs Kim's hand slid lower his arm, faltering his smile.

A call from school? Nate's father figuring out the cause of the burns?

Taehyung watched Jin scuffle off the stage and stand behind a banner, the emerald green eyes speaking behind clenched teeth and a tender smile. One would think they were holding a wholesome conversation but Jin's reaction was anything but.

"Face the camera sweetie." Mrs Kim widened her smile, pulling Taehyung forward to meet his father's hand on his shoulder.

"....my family have been in great support in my journey and i–" Taehyung met his father's gaze—gentle, loving, caring, proud. "–I don't know where I'd be without them . They are my world." He pressed a kiss on Taehyung's temple and Taehyung permitted himself to sink in the falsed warmth.

More flashing.

Hands shooting up in the air.

Reporters shooting questions.

Pens dancing on paper.

And he was at the back of the stage, tossed aside. Taehyung watched his parents' back as they smiled behind the wooden podium. He lingered for a minute before slipping from the cameras’ eye.

“What’s going on?” Taehyung jogged up to Jin, biting down his smile when he caught the name Nate. Hopefully this would affect his father's chances at being the vice president of this country.

“....The video?” Jin hissed fanning out his palm in anticipation not yet aware of his brother’s presence. A tablet  was gripped in his hand. Bright light blonde hair, blue teary eyes looked past the camera, above and the camera pans to a boy, no more than the age of 18. His dirty blonde hair falling in a perfect mess to frame his face, almost hiding his steely grey eyes. His smile, charming, infectious, genuine and downright adorable.

Taehyung waddled in the background, his boxy smile apparent.

“Come on, stop being so annoying. Give a guy a chance.” cackled in Nate’s voice in half mirth, his breath scratching the audio. “Rowan you deserve better.”

Blue eyes pierce the screen, enlarge in a zoom. “Shut up bastard.” She breathes tears streaming down her red tinting eyes.

“No you shut up. Do you know who you are talking to?”

She doesn’t hear him, her attention is back on Rowan. “We are not dating. We aren’t” She shook her head, scanned the forming crowd.

“You are such an ungrateful bitch. You know that?” Nate spoke again, the back of his head now on the screen.

“Rowan say something.” She grits. “Say something!”

“Sweetheart, I think you need some time to calm down.” Rowan turned to the crowd. “Couple fight. It’s normal–”