20╰┈➤ TONGUES AND CANDY

I̶'m̶ n̶o̶t̶ s̶u̶r̶e̶ i̶f̶  i̶ a̶m̶ r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ t̶o̶

 A̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ e̶a̶r̶l̶i̶e̶r̶ 

 I̶ d̶o̶n̶'t̶ k̶n̶o̶w̶ i̶f̶

Lorlei sighs, sinks her head at the dip of her elbow, her hair sprays on her desk. How was she supposed to apologise? Was he even mad? She was certain that they both needed to talk. Properly.

But what was she going to say? She was sure as yesterday that she wasn't going to reject him. Friend zoning him was cruel but the only way she could see herself out of this situation.

There was no way they would go back to how they were. Would they?

She could still feel the texture of his lips against her and as much as it was enjoyable, she found it annoying when that was all she could think about.

Her cheeks flush when she remembers his tongue brush hers.

He shifts. She is aware of him and she jolts in her chair earning a curious look from Momo.

The incident between Sora and Taehyung is fickle in her mind. She isn't aware of the laughs, the jokes, the confusion, the dejection that stitches on Taehyung gait when he walks out.

"Are you okay?" Momo whispers beside her, her skin feverish, tone cackling with forced effort and hidden pain.

"I'm fine. Just irritated that I can't focus." She wanted to tell Momo more comfortably within the walls of their dorm. She pulls herself upright, eyes wandering to touch Jungkook's frame.

He faces the back, eyes bouncing from one spot to another, brows tented in agitation? Confusion? Concern? Exhaustion? It was too much for her to capture the fleeting emotions but she couldn't help but blame herself for all of them.

He turns to the front, eyes gliding over hers, a breath hitches to her throat. Scratching, swelling, choking, she finds it hard to breathe when he holds her for a split second before he snaps his eyes away.

This feeling.

This feeling, She doesn't understand. It's not supposed to be there. It's suffocating, uncomfortable, distracting. She abhors it.

She sinks on her desk, hides behind her arms, face pressed on her books. She flutters her eyes closed.

____________

"Oh fuck man!" Cade hisses, his back colliding with the desk behind him. Taehyung hovers above him.

"What's the video about?"

"What are you talking about man?"

"There is a video that got Nate in trouble to an extent my father stepped in and made sure it was wiped off the internet."

"I'm not friends with Nate–"

"You were."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

A pause. "Are you sure?"

Cade pushes him away, Taehyung doesn't budge. His lighter twirls in his finger and a flame pops out, disappears again, sparks and it's a steady orange, flickering against Cade's breathing.

"I ask again, are you sure?"

"I'll find out."

The flames snuff out.

___________

"You and Jimin?"

"Fuck off." Sora says, cold water splashing over her skin under the horse pipe. Turning off the tap, she swipes her hair out of her face, straightens her back and snaps the mask out of her face before facing him.

"He is an alright guy but–" his eyes sweep up and down her frame. "-not your type."

"How would you know that?"

"Observing you and what your sister used to say, he is too loud and unserious for you. No?"

"No. He is not. He is perfect for me. The opposite of me. We would balance each other out."

"Balance each other out?" He steps forward, reducing the distance. His heat seeps into her. "Jimin is selfish, and I bet the only thing he wants from you is..." he drops his gaze to her chest then lower to the exposed skin on her thigh then up to her eyes, her lips.

"No." Sora steps back. "Don't project your intentions on him. He is nothing like you and I am nothing like my sister. Why are you here by the way?"

A plastic bag hangs on his hand. "Business as usual." He steps back, the bag sliding back into his jeans. "It was getting boring until I saw you and ...your walking disaster."

"Don't call him that!"

"Well he is, try convincing me otherwise. A kiss will do, it's the only way. Sex is an open option too. Best of luck though, I'm a little bit through, not everyone can handle me. How are you holding up by the way?"

She walks past him. "I'll call you when I need you."

"Looking forward to it babe. Oh, do you know who Momo is? Which classroom?"

 Oh, do you know who Momo is? Which classroom?"