8.╰┈➤ROOMIE NEW

One week later, Sora appeared. Her steps inaudible against the pelting rain it caught Taehyung off guard.

She walked graciously past his chair and to her desk, hair freshly dyed, the red brighter and fierce. It rippled in soft waves complimentary than the silk straight texture she always wore.

Her eyes hid behind her tresses.

Taehyung smiled, happy to see her again. He watched her settle and swipe a palm across her face as though a stray tear stuck to her cheek.

Her movements were slow, stiff as she pulled out a palm sized book and a dog-eared maths textbook. Her hands gripped her bag and a small white bottle lay cupped in her palms. She placed one or two in her mouth and her head dropped, her chin pressed into her chest and she sat still, her breathing soft and gentle.

After five minutes or so, she drowned the bottle into her pocket, zipped her bag, opened a random page of her maths book and laid her head on the desk, her body going limp.

She looked exhausted. Taehyung was curious as to what might have happened.

He relaxed into his chair finding the day a tad more interesting.

______

She didn't put any effort in answering questions today.

She didn't look out the window as often as she used to.

She sat still, uninterested, bored, unblinking.

She didn't try to peek at her side or look at Jimin like she normally does.

Taehyung folded his arms, watching.

The bell rang and she lay her head on the desk. Her math book still open on her desk.

____

Break time, she brought nothing to eat. No apples, no bottle of water.

Taehyung frowned. He licked his lips, a small packet of cookies strangled in his palm.

What if she doesn't like them?

He thought of what to say. How to give it to her.

He didn't see her stand up and leave the room. When he gained enough courage to approach, she was gone.

_____

She never came back. Her books were still on her desk.

Nobody asked for her. Unfathomably, it pricked on his agitation.

He didn't like thinking. His brain was the least liked feature he owned. The visualisation, detaching from reality, daydreaming, oh how much he loathed what his brain could do. A boring day was what he needed, wanted.

To be grounded in the moment.

He thought of her, imagining what she was doing, creating illusions that weren't benefiting him, borderline irate.

Sometimes he wanted to chain her up. Flick flames before her. Those thoughts had occurred to him repeatedly, persistently.

He would open up her brain and unspool it, sift through it, pin down her thoughts, and enjoy them, but that meant he would understand her, maybe even relate to her in some way.

But he didn't want that.

She was perfect the way she was. Her silence was beautiful.

But he wanted to know the story behind it. Listen to her. Hear her.

They might light up a car together someday on their first hang-out as friends.

A chuckle slipped his lips.