Stuck on Pause

This is a work of fiction. Any references to historical events, real people, or real places are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and events are products of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to actual events or places or persons living or dead is entirely coincidental.

Reader discretion is advised.

Copyright © 2023

🌷

#ftrsop

🌷

Weddings. Vanya Nadine Joson dreaded weddings. Within her circle of friends, she was the only one remaining single and unmarried. Single, for as long as she could remember. She was slowly accepting the fact that she'll grow old alone, and she was already preparing for it. Her retirement plan was laid out, she already picked her senior home, she even began to draw out her last will on her mind. Until zooming out for the possibilities for the next forty years began to overwhelm her.

Living alone wasn't so bad after all. But there was a time where she hoped for her wishful thinkings to come true. A time where she pictured an entire future with someone. Every night, in all of her prayers, he was there. In her mind, in her dreams, in her wishes. In the quiet. He was her secret she kept hidden in the dark. There wasn't a second passing by where she didn't regret how everything fell apart. They almost had it.

If she could stop the clock and trace back every second, she would. Because the moment he left, everything came to a pause. The stillness made her numb as the years went by. Vanya remained unmoving. Stuck. And always wishing.

🌷