CCCXXVI

INT. BEDROOM - MORNING

6:49 a.m.

He couldn't sleep properly. He didn't even notice her move the whole while, her back remained as the only thing his eyes could focus on. He sighed. Kahn quietly got up. He didn't mean to ruin their moment last night, but he couldn't think of a proper way how he could bring it up either. He just thought of asking her about it within the brief steady silence that lingered in their bubble, and she was right. He could've waited for the next day.

Kahn stood at the kitchen counter with his hands gripping the edge of the table. His mind was boggled with possibilities. They've been going out as a couple for a while now and this could turn out to be their first serious fight. And he doesn't want that. He just wanted her to know about it and to ask if it's all right if he could talk to her Sam. He wouldn't mind if Vanya would disapprove of it, and he wouldn't mind turning down Sam's invitation either.

Half an hour passed and Vanya woke up alone on the bed. She could hear his movements outside of the room. She breathed deep, not wanting to draw out anything from what happened last night but he could've stayed for a while in bed so they could wake up together. That would've been nice. But instead, she was alone. And she felt alone staring at the empty space beside her.

The door slowly creaked open and Kahn went in with a tray filled with breakfast he made just for her.

KAHN
Gising ka na pala. Ginawan kita ng breakfast.

VANYA
Okay.

KAHN
May French toast dito saka scrambled egg pati coffee. Oat milk nilagay ko kasi 'di ba sabi mo mas gusto mo 'yong oat milk?

Vanya just nodded. Kahn settled the tray on the nightstand before sitting down beside her.

KAHN
Vanya . . .

VANYA
Why?

KAHN
Sorry kagabi.

VANYA
Okay.

KAHN
Hindi na ako makikipagkita kay Sam kung ayaw mo basta bati tayo, okay?

VANYA
Ha?

KAHN
Hindi ako makikipagkita—

VANYA
Wala naman akong sinabing gano'n? Ang sabi ko settle what you have to settle para wala ka na ring problem with Sam. I didn't say na ayaw kong makipagkita ka sa kanya.

KAHN
E, kasi nagalit ka kaya akala ko . . .

VANYA
Look, hindi ako galit sa 'yo. I get it, gusto mong magsabi sa akin para aware ako. You thought hindi ko naisip 'yon?

KAHN
Vanya . . .

VANYA
You were off timing. Sana naghintay ka. Not when we just did it right after tapos kauuwi ko lang din yesterday. You were giving me the impression na you were thinking of something else.

KAHN
Sinasabi mo bang iniisip ko siya habang—

VANYA
I said something. Not someone. Alam mo ba feeling no'n? It seemed like you weren't there with me kasi your mind was scattered and you're everywhere else but here.