⁰⁰⁵ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴀʀᴇᴅ ʙʟᴜɴᴛ.

𝟶𝟶𝟻. [𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚕𝚞𝚗𝚝.]

𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎 𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚒.

-

Cole should be cold, soft white snowflakes falling from the night sky as they swing their legs over the ledge of the school roof. But Cole's not cold, they've found being high numbs temperature.

They turn their head slowly towards the crunch of footsteps approaching. Cam's obviously not high, Cole muses, noting the scarf and puffer jacket wrapped tightly around their body. They stop once they're just below Cole, looking up.

"Why're you here?" Cole asks.

Cam grins. "Thought you might like some company."

"How'd you know I'd be here?"

They flash their phone screen at Cole. "Snapmap, mind sharing?" Cam nods to the smoked blunt resting between Cole's fingers.

They smirk. "If you can make it up here," It's a challenge that Cam takes in stride, hoisting themselves on top of a dumpster as Cole takes a long drag of the blunt. It takes a few more minutes, a few more drags of smoke, before Cam scoots next to Cole on the edge of the roof.

"How's your list going?" Cole asks, finally handing the well-deserved blunt over.

Cam laughs hollowly. "Like hell. I'm screwed, I've got Dream and George. And like, I flirt with them all the time but they're still my friends. I just don't know if I can do it," They sigh, pausing to place the blunt between their lips. "Please tell me yours is going better,"

Cole snorts. "Please! Wilbur hates me, he's hated me for three years, and no stupid fuckin' bet is gonna change that,"

"What if we just ran away together?" Cole questions, the corner of his lips quirked upward teasingly as he passed the blunt over to Cam, who huffed out a laugh before plucking it out of his hands. "What?!" They exclaim defensively. "It's a good idea, I won't have to kiss Wilbur and you won't have to break George's heart or whatever it is you're worried about,"

Some point in the conversation, the air had chilled, thick with a serious undertone. Snowflakes were sticking to Cam's hair, like white glitter in a sea of blonde curls.

"I don't think I can do that to him," Cam admits. Cole's not sure which him she means. They figure its best not to ask.

"If it makes you feel better, I don't think I can kiss Wilbur." There's a pause. Cole's trying their best to come up with words that don't exist to fix something they can't. "But we're going to do it anyway, right? Fuck the feelings." They bat away the seriousness with a goofy smile.

Smoke pools in the air in front of Cam as they reply. "Fuck the feelings." 

[𝟷𝟶.𝟷𝟻.𝟸𝟸]