⁰¹⁰ ᴛʜᴇ ғʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋs.

𝟶𝟷𝟶. [𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜.]

𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚜 𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚘 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚍𝚎.

-

When Techno was seven years old, he scraped his knee on the playground and watched as blood filled the wound with blurry vision as tears rolled down his face.

And then, like a saint sent from heaven, Iris showed up, standing over him with her hands on her hips.

"I have a band-aid," She'd said matter-of-factly. He'd just stared blankly, blinking at her.

Then she pulled a Minecraft band-aid out of her back pocket and peeled the wrapper off, pressing the blocky pig against his knee.

He smiled up at her. "Does this mean we're friends now?" He asked.

She froze. "I've never had a friend before," She admitted nervously.

"Oh!" He replied excitedly. Confused, Iris just stared at him. How was that a good thing? "I guess we're best friends now instead!"

Oh. That's how.

She smiled. Everyone else told her she was too loud, too honest, too much, and no one had ever wanted to be friends with her. "I'm Iris," She said as she helped him up.

He grinned. "I'm Techno!"

That night, his older brother teased him at the dinner table about his new girlfriend, and Techno blushed deep red with embarrassment.

-

It feels like a parallel, but roles reversed, Techno supplying Iris with frozen peas and lecturing her about getting into fights.

She's sprawled sideways across his couch, eyes rolled lazily as she flips through channels on his cable.

"I'm just saying," Techno starts, "You wouldn't get nearly as many black eyes if you stopped running around trying to throw punches with everyone that looks at you funny,"

Iris smacks his arms with the peas before returning them to her head. "Hey! She threw the first punch," She crosses her arms across her chest defensively.

"She threw the last one too," Techno adds dryly, referring to Iris's loss.

"Oh, fuck you," Iris says. Techno hates the part of him that says gladly.

He grins, handing her a cup of hot chocolate. "You love me."

Her mouth drops open and her eyes widen comically at the drink in her hands. "Give me one of these every day and hell yeah I do,"

Techno laughs, but so what if the next morning he brings her a cup of steaming chocolate, a sprinkle of cinnamon on top of the whipped cream.