⁰²⁶ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴛ ᴛᴜʙ.

𝟶𝟸𝟼.[𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚞𝚋.]

𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚊 𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚎

-

Flora sighs and clips her hair back. She knows she overreacted about Cam and George, she just felt so... betrayed. She thought she was one of Cam's best friends, but she's not sure they're as close as she'd perceived. Getting mad at Cam was a little unnecessary, but Flora felt hurt. She still showed up to their party though, and she can admit it might be the best one this year, maybe second to the infamous New Years party.

She's stuck by Wilbur almost the entire time, and to be honest neither of them had very much to drink. Enough to feel a buzz, but not quite enough to consider herself drunk. She's certainly hasn't had enough to drink to be entertained, that's for sure. It's nearing midnight, the party's dying down and Flora's honestly surprised the cops haven't showed up yet. They've just been hanging out in the living room for the past hour, listening to music and talking. So, when Flora rolls her head to the side and declares her boredom, Wil only grins.

"Took you long enough to say something. You wanna dip?" His eyebrows raise and his expression is sparkling with mischief — exactly what Flora needs.

She's quick to agree, maybe too quick if Wilbur's surprise is any indication. But she nods and says "You know me so well," all the same, and just like that they've flown out the door hand in hand.

Flora figured he was going to drive the two of them to some park or the diner or something, but he turns in the opposite direction of where his car is parked and starts to lead them down the block.

Her eyebrows furrow. "This better be worth it, Wil," She warns, but it doesn't come out as harsh as she'd meant. He only shoots her a grin in response.

They make it almost a block down from the party when he finally stops. "And... voila!" He gestures to the house in front of him. She cocks her head. She's not sure what's so special about it. It's a plain colonial with a couple cars in the driveway and dark windows.

He laughs at her bemusement and walks over to the back gate, reaching over and unlatching it. "You coming?" Flora nods and follows, her confusion only mounting.

She wraps her arms around herself and stomps her foot impatiently when they reach the back deck. "Wilbur, can we hurry it up? It's freezing!"

He smirks. "Well then, let's warm up," He suggests, pulling the cover off the hot tub.

Her jaw drops. "You're insane. We'll go back soaked!" She protests. She's not even sure whose house this is, most likely it belongs to some random family who she figures would not appreciate two teenagers using the hot tub at one in the morning.

"So?" He flicks on the jets and a few more buttons until it turns on a light that gives the water a purple glow.

She huffs. "We'll freeze on the way back," Her breath comes out in small cloudy puffs.

Wil sighs, finally admitting defeat and throwing his hands up in the air in mock surrender. "Okay, Flor."

She looks at him, then the ground, then she gets an idea. "Fine," she says, kicking off her combat boots, a curious smirk starting to spread across her face.

She steps onto the step in front of the jacuzzi, then reaches down and undoes the button on her pants, kicking them off. She doesn't bother looking over at Wil before she pulls her sweater off with one hand too, discarding it on the lawn in one swift motion.

She steps into the steaming water, dipping completely under and then resurfacing, the jets massaging her nearly bare skin and soothing the chill that has spread throughout her body.

"Wil?" She says, finally turning back to him, and letting out a soft laugh when she sees the condition he's been reduced to.

He's still standing a bit away from the hot tub, his face tilted skyward, and a hand hiding his crotch from view. He looks over at the sound of her voice and mutters a curse under his breath when he sees her again. She giggles, putting two and two together and sinks into the water until it reaches her shoulders, hair splaying out across the steamed surface of the water around her.

"Not gonna join me?" She asks teasingly, splashing a bit of water his way. "You were so excited to come in just a minute ago," She doesn't hold her amusement back from her expression, unable to stop her taunting smile even if she wanted to.

He shakes his head defeatedly. "You are a mean, mean woman," he replies, shucking his hoodie and shirt off and finally lowering himself into the bubbly water. He ducks his head under and then pops back up, his eyes locked onto hers.

"You wanna know something?" He asks, and she scoots a little closer to him.

"What?" He hesitates to answer, his eyes flicking over her face intensely. He's close enough to her that she wonders if he can see the mascara smeared below her eyes from hours of being worn, the chapped skin of her lips, or even the little scar in front of her right ear. It takes her a moment before she realizes his eyes have finally landed on hers, dark and full of an emotion she can't quite place.

"That might've been the hottest thing I've ever seen," He admits shamelessly, dignity flown out the window.

Her eyes go big and doe-like as she looks up at him, moving another step closer and lifts herself until her hair is almost fully out of the water. "Really?" She says, half-disbelieving, half-hopeful. They're so close his chest is nearly pressed against hers, their breath mingling in the rising steam of the water.

He nods and she wraps her arms around his neck. When she kisses him all she can think is finally.

She feels his hands on her hips, pulling her onto his lap, just as a light flicks on in one of the upstairs windows.

"Shit-" He hisses, and they both scramble out as quietly as they can, gathering their clothes and hastily throwing on whatever they can manage. The downstairs lights turn on, then the porch light, and a middle-aged woman flings the back door open as Wilbur grabs Flora's hand and pulls her around the house, jacuzzi still bubbling away.

The lady chases them just past the gate, yelling something as they tear through front yards, racing back to Cam's and laughing loudly. 

-

[𝟶𝟻.𝟸𝟿.𝟸𝟹]