⁰³² ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴғᴇssɪᴏɴ

𝟶𝟹𝟸. [𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗.]

𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚊 𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚎

-

Flora doesn't know what she did, but she knows she must've done something. Long story short, Wilbur's icing her out.

They had a blast at the party—hell, they'd made out for a few minutes—and even when they'd been chased out of the hot tub by the owners, and ran back to the party soaking wet, they were still having fun.

But then, about a half hour later, Wilbur disappeared from the party. Since then, he hadn't responded to her texts or her calls.

She just wishes she knew what she'd done. She wishes she knew how to make it right, but how can she do that when she doesn't even know what's wrong?

She sees him in the hallway on Monday, and her heart nearly stops when she sees the two bruises on his face—one on his cheekbone, the other surrounding his eye.

What the hell happened?

-

She finally corners him on Tuesday, at seven AM in the school parking lot.

She walks up to him just as he's getting out of his car, and his face hardens when he sees her. He turns away and starts to walk to the school when she finally speaks.

"What did I do, Wil? You can't just-" She yells across the parking lot.

She stops when he turns around, his jaw ticking as he stares at her.

"You-" She repeats, softer this time, a little out of breath. "You can't just ice me out after Saturday, okay? Just," She takes a deep breath, puffing her chest up as if to prepare her for the blow coming. "Tell me what I did wrong."

He runs a hand through his hair, pausing to look around the parking lot. "Karl told me. About the fuckin' kiss list or whatever," He finally replies, angrily waving his hand in the air.

"Oh." Is all she can manage.

Oh.

Then: "So the bruises..." She trails off.

He huffs. "Yeah. Your boy did that too,"

Her boy? What the hell? Her face contorts into disgust. "He's not my boy," She spits.