⁰¹³ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏʀʀᴏʀ ᴍᴏᴠɪᴇ.

𝟶𝟷𝟸. [𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚎.]

𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚞𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚗

-

It's yet another snowy day, more layers of white piling over the preexisting piles of dirtied snow. It crunches under Rose's shoes as they walk out of school, passing the buses to their car. They're sharing a bag of Sour Patch with Cora.

Rose is basically treating the candy like it's popcorn, listening to Cora talk about Karl.

Karl's all she talks about now anyways.

That's when Dream pops up behind them, stealing a few gummies. "Hey!" Rose says with a smile.

"Mind if I come over tonight? Last time was really fun," Rose bites their lip to hide their grin. Cora's eyebrows shoot up and she elbows Rose's rib cage.

Rose winces as Cora pipes up, "They've got nothing to do tonight," Rose gives Cora a weird look, because they just made plans to binge Friends at her house less than five minutes ago, but Dream speaks before Rose can even open their mouth.

"Perfect, see you then!" Rose watches longingly as Sapnap drags him away.

"You're welcome, Rose. You're so down bad," Cora comments, laughing at the love-stricken face of her friend.

Rose scoffs. "Yeah, okay, Mrs. Jacobs," Cora shoves her off the curb for that comment.

-

Dream comes over, as promised, and they work. It's a little disappointing, at this point in the project they're pretty much doing their own thing, but Rose still gets to look up and see him, brows furrowed in concentration, on her bedroom floor. And honestly? That's good enough for them.

They're done in only a few hours, and when Dream announces it, Rose is fully ready to walk him to the door, albeit sadly. But then Dream just gives them a look, the kind that Rose can't quite decipher.

"You got any good movies? I don't have any plans for tonight," He only quirks his lip up when Rose bites their lip and blushes.

"Yeah, um, let me get it set up,"

They end up choosing some gruesome horror movie, sitting a short, blush-worthy distance apart, since they only have one blanket. ("Cats," Rose had said apologetically when Dream asked why there was only one.) Rose doesn't really like horror movies to be completely honest.

But they're handling it fairly well, partly because they'd be way too embarrassed to freak out on Dream. Well, they were handling it pretty well, until the creepy nun threw the other nun off a castle tower or something like that, and then they find themselves practically clinging to Dream.

They're quite frankly too scared to be embarassed.

They're completely pushed up against Dream, stealing his warmth and comfort, but he doesn't seem to mind one bit.

The next time Rose jumps, Dream loops an arm around them and pulls them close to his chest. They can feel him laughing at them through the rumbles from where their head is resting on his chest.

-

[𝟷𝟸. 𝟷𝟺. 𝟸𝟸.]