⁰³⁰ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴄᴏɴᴄɪʟɪɴɢ.

𝟶𝟹𝟶. [𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐.]

𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚗 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚔𝚎.

-

Flora's still pissed, and Cam can't figure out why.

Yeah, Cam messed up by not telling her about George, especially when Flora had been the one to encourage it in the first place, but did she really have to give them the silent treatment?

Quite frankly, it sucked. They were still lab partners in Chem, which meant Flora was forced to interact with Cam, but that didn't stop her from avoiding even looking in her direction.

"I think you're supposed to add the Chloride solution first," Cam comments, wincing when Flora shoots them a glare and huffs, albeit following Cam's instruction.

Cam frowns. "Can we please talk about this, Flora? I hate you ignoring me,"

Flora shoots them a look and pointedly ignores them, "Can you hand me the stir stick?"

"Flora," Cam earns no response. "Flora, I'm sorry, okay? I should've told you about it, it just seemed so perfect and neither of us wanted to ruin it by telling anyone,"

Flora doesn't say anything, just drops a spoonful of powder into the glass.

Cam sighs, exasperated. "How many times do you want me to apologize? I mean, you're overreacting a little, Flor!"

Then, softly, with her head turned away, Flora speaks from behind a curtain of raven hair, "Maybe just a little,"

"Yeah," Cam agrees with a huff, just happy to have gotten a response.

"I just-" Flora swallows the words a little, almost like she's tearing up. "I feel like this stupid list is distancing us and when I found out you didn't tell me about George, it just felt like proof that we aren't that close anymore. I just hate feeling like I'm losing you," She finally turns to look at Cam and now they can see her eyes are glossy with tears.

Cam doesn't know what to do, and then Flora decides for them, launching herself into Cam's chest for a hug, almost knocking them over.

Suddenly, Flora pushes herself away from Cam, and they wonder if they've done something wrong. But then Flora says, "Oh my God, I have so much to tell you," And their heart soars. Flora delves into the story of her weekend, her hot tub escapades with Wilbur while Cam sits open-mouthed absorbing every last detail, gasping at all the right parts.

"And then," Flora pauses for dramatic effect, "he kissed me," Cam gasps again and they both dissolve into giggles, Flora's cheeks blushing pink.

"Girls! Let's stick to Chemistry talk, please," Their teacher chastises, and they turn their backs to her to continue snickering, though much quieter.

"Anyway, none of it matters because he's not talking to me," Flora muses.

"No way! That asshole," Cam huffs, and the teacher shoots her a look. "Meanie?" Cam tries, and the teacher waves her off. They turn back to Flora, "Have you tried just asking him what's up?"

Flora frowns, ponders on it for a moment. "That's so-forward?"

Cam shrugs. "It's the only way he's gonna tell you, so..."

Flora nods and bites her lip, stirring the solution absentmindedly.

-

[𝟷𝟸.𝟷𝟺.𝟸𝟹]