Chapter 7

"How did you know?"

"I just had a feeling"

I looked out the hole but I couldn't see Jameson anywhere then I looked at the robot in front of me. There were feet there. I looked up to see Jameson.

"Cool robot"

"It isn't mine"

"Where did you get it from?"

"My room"

"Probably Xander's or something was he there and how did you get here?"

"No, I heard knocking at the cupboard and I opened it up to find that. I screamed because I saw two pairs of glowy eyes then I climbed in after it and then Oren burst into the room but didn't want to tell him that there was a passageway there or else he would block it up so I grabbed it and turned my flashlight on and explored each of the exits of that room and saw no one. So I climbed up one and the trapdoor closed once I stepped out then I realized I was trapped so I started pulling and pressing random planks and then The bookshelf spun and left me here. Then I saw you with Avery and decided to scare her."

He smiled "You're getting used to this place aren't you"

I nodded "Should we return that to Xander?"

"Yeah, let's go"

I followed Jameson thinking that we were going to go to Xander's bedroom or something but instead we went to a different room full of awards and machines.

"Hey Xan"

"Why are you here Jamie"

I stepped into the room "We were just here to return this to you"

"That isn't mine, but I will keep it"

"If it wasn't yours whose was it"

I felt my back tingling and my knees getting weak. If it isn't Xander's whose was it? I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I looked up ad saw Jameson with a concerned look on his face. I blushed I hoped he didn't see it.

"I can check the robot"

"Thanks"

I looked behind me at the door and Grayson walked in.

"I told you to stay away from him and Jamie I told you to stay away from her"

"We live in the same house somethings can't be avoided" 

Grayson stared at Jameson's hand on my shoulder and he look angry but worried.

"Ms. Grambs what are you doing in here?"

"We... I was just giving Xander something that was in my room that may  not have been his." I spoke softly and a muscle in Grayson's jaw tightened.

Grayson walked up to Xander.

"What the hell is this?"

"I don't know I am checking it out right now"

"What was it doing in your room" All his focus was on me now. I started fiddling with the ends of my shirt it was a nervous habit that I had been doing forever now.

"I don't know, I just heard knocking in the cupboard and it was there"

"Ms. Grambs aren't you supposed to be missing?"

He was right Avery and Libby were probably worrying about me and poor Oren on my security detail probably had a hear attack after realizing that I wasn't in my room. 

"Yes, but I am not am I"

Xander looked up at me with a face.

"I have good news and bad news."

"What do you mean bad news?" Jameson's hand on my shoulder tightened.

"The good news is that it was made by someone with beginner-level robot building experience and the bad news is that it is taking pictures of Amber and I can't locate where the footage is going. So advanced level security."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT IS TAKING PICTURES OF AMBER?" I had never seen Grayson look so mad.. was he caring about me.

"This is sick the people who did this are sick," Jameson said.

I tried to walk away and forget about everything that was going on but I couldn't then I realized that it probably wasn't just me Avery was being watched as well. I headed towards the door but no one noticed. They were all yelling and screaming.

"What about Avery?" I whisper they didn't notice what I said. "Are you guys even listening what about my sister? We have to check her room! Do you guys know a way in?"