Chapter 8

I followed Jameson through some tunnels and Grayson and Xander were behind me. We came to a stop.

"I forgot someone needs to open it on the other side to get through... but"

"But what... we need to check my sister's room!!!"

"There is a small entrance up there we were able to fit as kids and the only one small enough here is you," Grayson said calmly. Where had all his anger gone? Was he hiding it? Holding it in?

"I can't reach. Can someone give me a leg up?"

Everyone volunteered.

"Xander"

"I thought you were going to pick one of those two less handsome brothers." He smirked.

"You're the tallest so it would help me much more" 

I stood on his hand and he pushed me up as I jumped I grabbed onto the edge. I looked for a place to put my foot but when I did the brick started crumbling.

"Be careful"

It was the first day of dance class, mum had signed me up even though she barely had any money. I danced the whole time with my friends... 

We were going horse riding and I couldn't get on my horse mum gave me a leg-up, but my legs were still dangling off the sides. "Be Careful" my mum says. "I will" I lift myself and handstand on the saddle and then flip to sit down. "I did it!" "You did great!"

Mum was lying down on the hospital bed, her life support letting her see us one last time...  

I snapped back to what was going on right now and found myself falling off the ledge someone caught me I opened my eyes and saw Grayson holding me, I looked at Jameson and he looked jealous of the fact that I was in Grayson's arms and not his. Grayson helped me down.

"What happened up there?"Grayson asked me

"Don't worry I can do it this time"

"What if you fall?"

"It just brought back memories that I don't need to see again. It won't happen again"

Xander gave me a leg up and as I hang on with my arms I pulled myself up and went into a handstand and backflipped onto the other side of the wall I landed in the fireplace and I got a few scrapes but I dusted myself off and stood up. 

"How do I open it?"

"Pull on the candlestick"

"I pulled it and the fireplace opened revealing the passageway. Everyone stepped into Avery's room and we quietly started to search for a camera. We turned off the room lights and close the curtains. I pulled out my phone flashlight and scanned the entire room.

"Nothing. I see nothing"

"There has got to be something here." Grayson said "Or else it means that they are targetting you"

My skin crawled as he said those last few words and I opened the door of her room and ran out leaving the boys in there. I didn't care that I left them behind I just wanted to go back to my room and stay there. There was no one at the door so I walked in and I decided to take a quick shower and change my clothes because they were covered in soot.

I got out of the shower sometime later, got dressed, and decided to call my friend Rosie.

Sorry, this one was short, but I have a load of homework to do. I will continue writing tomorrow.