Chapter 32

We got into the car and drove off to the stylist and Thea decided to join.

"Hi, Thea. What are you doing here?"

"You really weren't going to go shopping without me were you?"

"Of course not."

We drove to the stylist to pick our clothes for the gala and I was bored the whole car ride. Once we arrive I noticed what kind of boutique it was. It was the kind of boutique that has one of every type of dress and they had closed the boutique just for me and Avery.

"I think that blue is your color. It matches your eyes."

"Whatever let's get this over with," I said without energy even though I was bursting with it in inside.

"Low cuts or high cuts?"

"Low"

"We have a few options for you. Straps or no straps?"

"No straps I guess"

"I found the perfect dress for you." She pulled out a dress that reached the floor with a slit and it had an off-the-shoulder sleeve. It was beautiful. It was a baby blue dress with flowers all over it. It was perfect and not too showy.

"That is perfect." The stylist helped me put it on and put my hair in a quick but elegant bun and she let out part of my wavy hair from the bun and let it rest on my shoulder. I looked beautiful for once in my life. I looked like Cinderella. She put a flower pin in my hair. It didn't feel like me I was too elegant. She applied my makeup with great care. Icy blue smoky eyeshadow with black eyeliner and mascara. She added a rose pink blush to my cheeks and a light pink lipstick. She gave me earrings with a light blue teardrop-shaped gemstone and a necklace and ring that matched the earrings. She gave me gloves to wear. The person I saw in the mirror couldn't be me, I refused to believe it. I looked like a literal princess. I walked out of the dressing room and Avery's jaw dropped.

"You look beautiful" Avery commented.

"Thanks but I don't know if it is me."

"Your turn Ms. Avery Grambs" Avery nodded and walked in.

"Get her a green dress," Thea called after the stylist.

"You look great. Perfect for the press." Alisa noted.

"It isn't me"

"Sure it is. It is just for the gala." Thea added.

"If you say so." Whoever the person in the dress was. It wasn't me. But I decided to pick the dress. Avery walked out. "Avery! NOW who is the beautiful one?"

"Green it is," Alisa said.

Once we purchased the dresses we left the boutique and headed for the SUV. "Those dresses were so expensive." We let the paparazzi take a few pictures and I could already imagine what the newspaper would look like. 'Heiress gets fancy', 'Mystery girl at her side' or 'Heiress's first gala, epic win or epic fail' something along those lines. This had been my first public appearance so the press would start asking questions. We climbed into the SUV.

Avery and Thea started talking and I just thought about the way I looked. I looked perfect. Before I left she had curled the hair coming out of my bun and it came out beautifully. Then the car swerved. I jumped what was going on? The guard in the passenger was holding a gun.

"Hold tight" Oren yelled.

"What the hell is going on?" I screamed as a car headed toward us. Oren kept swerving and there was a sound of screeching metal. We finally made it out and I realized that police cars were surrounding the car that tried to kill us.

"What was that?" Avery asked

"That was someone taking the bait," Oren said

"You used us as bait? Is that what this was about making sure whoever the hell is in that car knew where we were because of the paparazzi?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I zoned out and looked at my phone. I texted Rosie.

Amber: Rosie. I was almost killed by a faxing car.

Rosie: What?!

Amber: I know and I look beautiful.

*Picture sent

Rosie: My god. You look good. Who tried to kill you?

Amber: I'll ask

"Who was the driver?"

"Your older sister's boyfriend."

"Ex-boyfriend" Avery corrected. I zoned out again and looked at my phone.

Rosie: Hello?

Rosie: Did you ask yet?

Amber: Yeah it was my sister's ex-boyfriend Drake.

Amber: Please keep this all a secret.

Rosie: I will.

Sorry, my schedule is kind of messed up right now! I had friends come over so I wasn't able to work on the story!