Chapter 33

Drake had tried to kill us and he had tried to shoot my sister. The police finished talking to Avery and started asking me questions.

"Does your sister have a history of crime that isn't recorded?"

"No"

"Is there a reason for her to try and kill you?"

"No"

"And your sister?"

"No"

"Why do you say that?"

"She has been taking care of me and my sister ever since my mother died. Besides, why kill us?"

"For the inheritance, they are the heirs if you die."

"She would never do this"

"Has she been acting suspicious?"

"No"

"Sneaking out?"

"No"

"Talking to anyone?"

"Just ask Nash he is always with her."

"We already questioned him. Thank you."

We arrived at the estate and then the door flung open. Nash was angry. "You want to tell me why I'm just getting word that the police hauled Libby out of here?" he asked Alisa.

"If she's not under arrest, she had no obligation to go with them," Alisa replied calmly.              

"She didn't know that! You didn't want to protect her but you could've"

"LIBBY is our sister!? She would never do something like that you just don't know her." I stormed off into the house and Avery tried to keep me there but she failed.

I was walking through the impenetrable walls of the house when a wall flung open. I ran towards it as fast as I could in heels. It was all the Hawthorne brothers excluding Nash.

"Hello, boys."

"You look good"

"I don't want any of this. I just want to go home. What were you all doing?"

"Nothing."

"If you say so. Cheerio!" Had I really just said that? I walked away from them and they disappeared back into the wall. What was behind there? I walked up to my bedroom and Oren wasn't there for once. I sat down on the couch and thought about where my birth certificate could be. Where was it hidden, was it in the wrong files? Did someone purposely erase it? Was I never born? Never mind the last one. I stared at the cupboard expecting one of the brothers to be there but no one knocked.

I went to the bathroom and fixed my makeup. I was going to make my first public appearance today. But was I going to share my name? I thought about my ex. What had happened to him? Where was he now? I went out of my room to ask Oren but he wasn't there. I looked at the entrance of my wing and there was Grayson. I hurried inside my room pretending I didn't notice him.

Amber: Any luck with my birth certificate?

Alisa: Nothing yet. We will continue searching for it.

Alisa: I am dealing with your sister right now at the media consultant. You will be next.

I studied the letter again. Why was there no middle name? Why did it say Your Father? Why am I a mystery? Why was my birth certificate missing? The thoughts rushed through my head like adrenaline through my veins and I heard a knocking on the door.