Chapter 11

I decided to tell him everything that happened to me except for the camera story but he seemed to have noticed that I was hiding something. 

"There is something you arent's telling me isn't there?"

"No there isn't." I lied.

"Yes, there is he pushed me onto the bed."

"If you don't tell me what you are hiding, I will tickle you till you die"

"I am not telling you"

"Final warning"

His hand approached my neck. I started breathing fast. I almost felt Jameson watching me through the small crack in the cupboard, but he wasn't there was he?

"I said I'm not telling you"

He started tickling me hard. I squirmed and laughed out loud. 

"Ok, ok fine I'll tell you"

"Good"

I needed to come up with an alternate version of the truth. "Ummm..... ok. I found a robot roaming the hallway of my wing and I gave it to the tech guy of the brothers and he found out that it was a robot that can take pictures so I went through a secret passageway into my sister's room to check because I was "missing" and I found nothing."

"Oh ok as long as you're safe"

I heard a clunk coming from the cupboard. My boyfriend turned his head towards it. 

"What was that?"

I stared through the hole in the cupboard, hoping that it was one of the brothers. I was right someone had been there watching me.

"Someone upstairs probably dropped something down the sink."

"What?"

"There is a pipe behind the cupboard that made a noise once when one of the maids dropped a... nail down it."

"Okay"

We went down for dinner and I felt eyes on me and Michael. 

"Sorry," I said "I haven't introduced you guys. This is Michael, my boyfriend."

"Hi," Michael said. 

Zara continued her conversation with her husband and Skye with Nan. Xander was tinkering with something, Jameson and Grayson were dead quiet and Nash was talking to... Libby?

I walked up to Libby to stop her from talking to him. I didn't want anyone else ruining her life.

"Hi Libby, do you know where Avery is?

"No sorry"

I stared at Nash and he just smiled and continued his conversation with Libby. I turned back to my boyfriend and guided him to a spot at the table with two spaces open in a row. As I sat down I saw Avery arriving. I got up from my chair to go and talk to her.

"Where have you been?" I asked her

"The stylist, if you asked Xander or Libby they would have told you."

"But I asked Libby and she said that she didn't know"

"Oh well, what is wrong with Libby?"

"I don't know but she is talking to Nash."

I walked past Avery while she was staring at Libby and walking towards her chair. I went to the kitchen to pick up the plates and some of the food to bring them to the table. I was a waitress back when I was working so I knew what I was doing when I placed plates all over my arm and my head. I decided not to take my chances by putting them on my shoulders today. I walked out and everyone looked at me with curiosity.

"What, have you all never seen a waitress in your whole life?" I sneered.

I placed the plates down in a careful manner and set up the table.

"Thanks, dear"

"No problem, Ms. Laughlin"

"Do tell me where did you learn to do that?"

"I was a waitress back when I was working in Connecticut."

She nodded and I brought another load of food. How much food does one family need? I placed them down realizing that I needed another plate for my boyfriend. I went back to grab another plate and set it down in front of Michael. I tried to ignore Grayson and Jameson just in case they were looking at me. I served myself and started to eat. There was a sound of clattering plates and conversations across the table but I just sat there and ate a little bit at a time.

"Are you ok?" Michael asked worriedly

"Yeah, fine"I replied slowly "I guess I am just kind of anxious that is all"

He kissed me on the cheek and I forced myself to stay looking down. I didn't have anything to do with the Hawthorne brothers. They were just my new family in a way. I looked up anyway and kissed Michael back on the cheek.