Chapter 26

I didn't go to dance in the morning so I decided to study in the library. My security guard was always there so I decided to lose him by going into the girl's washroom. I stayed in there for a few minutes and I decided to wet my hair to make it brown and remove my cardigan to hopefully fool my guard. I stepped out my hair dripping wet and he didn't follow me. Did it work? Was he fooled? Or was he doing that to make me think that he was fooled?

I continued down the hallway as I dried my hair with my cardigan and then stuffed it in my bag. I looked into one of the classrooms and I saw my sister and Xander in there. Did they share a class? Xander looked at the door and spotted me he left the classroom. 

"Hi" I said

"Aren't you meant to be in dance? Where is your guard?"

"I lost my guard purposely and I didn't want to dance today."

"Ok."

"Do you share a class with my sister?"

"No, I just went to talk to her."

"Do you have any idea of why my letter is that way?"

"No, but I was thinking what if this is a new game, not the one that your sister and my brothers are playing right now but another game? Revealing the mystery about you. Why you and your sister were chosen."

"It makes sense. But should we wait for the help of your brothers and my sister? To make it fair and start everyone on the same page? The same start?"

"I guess but... it wouldn't hurt to study the letter."

We walked to the library to study the letter and figure out what it was hiding.

"What if we are overcomplicating things? What if it isn't written in code? What if we don't need to treat it with something to make a message appear?" I started ranting

"Where are you going with this?"

"What if the message is in plain sight and he just needs us to look at it from a different angle? In a different way?"

"So you're saying that it is simple?"

"Exactly. In plain sight. What if we rearrange the sentences vertically we might be able to see a message!"

"The old man gave us a message like that once but only Nash understood it because Jameson and Grayson thought that it had a bigger meaning. So you might be right"

We started rearranging the sentences and there it was.

Dearest Amber,

You are a bigger mystery than your sister. 

Old I get with regrets. 

Undercover. 

Remember your past. 

For everything now I'm sorry. 

Always know your roots.

They will help you. 

Hawthorne or not we are strong. 

Everything will make sense. 

Regardless of the situation think about the future.

T.H.

"Your father" Xander said it before I did.

"My father has nothing to do with any of this. If he did he would be here right now."