Chapter 15

I decided it was best to stay with my boyfriend the rest of the day because that way Jameson wouldn't attempt to get me. Nash was taking care of Libby and I walked into the library and caught Avery and Jameson searching for a book again but this time there was someone else. Grayson.

"Can I help?"

"Why not," Jameson said as Grayson stared at me with my boyfriend I smiled at him.

"You might not want to do this Michael."

"Why won't I? Anything I do with you is fun."

"If you say so we are going to take out books and remove the cover until we find one that doesn't match."

"I'll stay here and talk to my friends or something"

"Ok"

I climbed up the ladder I started next to Jameson and Grayson was below me and next to Avery. I removed the covers, checked, and put them back on then again and again.

"This is going to take forever" I whispered as Jameson made his way toward me.

I looked down to find Avery and Grayson whispering about something. I looked at my boyfriend he looked up from his phone and smiled at me I smiled back while feeling Jameson's look.

I looked toward Jameson, he smiled at me and held up a book.

"Did you find it?"

He nodded at me. My boyfriend climbed up the stairs he understood we had found something he waited by a table and sat down on it. I climbed down the ladder and I slipped. I was falling again. I could feel hands underneath me. Grayson. Not again! The worst part was that my boyfriend was present this time. He let me down and Avery hugged me.

"I thought you were going to die"

"I wouldn't die"

"It appears I caught you again Ms. Grambs" Grayson whispered in my ear. My heart pounded.

I looked at Jameson he had the same face as last time. I looked towards Michael. Oh no. He looked angry and when he was angry he fought people.

"Why did you catch her?"

"If I didn't she would have broken something. You wouldn't want that for your dear girlfriend would you?"

"Of course not."

"Then that is why I caught her"

"She is mine"

"She belongs to herself"

Michael snapped and threw himself at Michael they fought.

"Enough," I said. They continued anyway. "I said enough! Stop fighting. Please."

Jameson jumped in attempting to pull Michael out. 

"Please stop!!" I said "This is stupid"

I looked towards Avery for help but she looked amused. I gave her a look.

"Enough. You can all fight over my sister but this is stupid you guys are just all stupid."

She mouth I'm sorry. I wondered what for and then she pushed me, she didn't push me hard but it was enough to make me fall. I landed on my backside. Avery had done it she had gotten them to stop fighting. They all looked like the fight had never happened but I knew that it had. Grayson dusted his shirt and Jameson ruffled his hair. 

"Let's go," Michael said, "I've had enough of these a******"

He picked me up and dumped me over his shoulder. I didn't resist. I just smiled at my sister and mouthed thank you as he took me back to my wing. He dumped me onto the bed. 

"Are you ok?" he asked me

"Yeah I am, what about you?"

"Fine. You should leave this place they want you for themselves they want to separate me from you."

"I can't. Leave"

"Why can't you leave."

"I have to stay here for a year or else we lose all the money and everything goes to charity. It isn't a bad thing but there is a mystery to uncover here."

I looked at the letter on my desk and I realized I hadn't opened it yet. I decided I would open it while Michael went to shower.

Once he left for a shower I ran to my desk and opened the letter with a letter knife that was on the table.

Dearest Amber,

You are a bigger mystery than your sister. Old I get with regrets. Undercover. Remember your past. For everything now I'm sorry. Always know your roots. They will help you. Hawthorne or not we are strong. Everything will make sense. Regardless of the situation think about the future.

T.H.

What was he talking about? Did he always talk in riddles? His choice of words was weird. Was there a message behind his letter or did he mean everything he said?