Chapter 25

I woke up to the loud beeping of my alarm clock. I stopped it with a long sigh. I looked beside me to find that Michael wasn't there. Where was Michael? I heaved my legs off the bed and onto the carpet. I walked to my closet and changed into my uniform. I looked good. I sat down at my dressing table and put my make-up on. Not too heavy. Just light and barely visible. I looked at myself in the mirror but I couldn't focus. I went into my bathroom and looked at my underwear. There was blood. I took a tampon and an extra pad in my school bag and I changed my underwear. There was a pain in my lower abdomen. Oh well. Everyone gets it.

I went out of my room.

"Good morning. Oren"

"Good morning"

"Do you ever sleep?"

"Of course I do"

"Did you see where Michael went?"

"He said he was going to go meet someone in the dining room."

"Ok"

I walked to the dining room with Oren close behind me. I spotted Michael talking to Grayson again. I walked up to them.

"You guys love to talk to each other don't you"

"We were just talking about you"

"What about me?"

"The threats, why didn't you tell me everything?" He was mad I could hear it in his voice

"I didn't want to worry you. Or else you will get overprotective"

"I have to protect you! You are my girlfriend"

"Oh yeah? Well, I can protect myself thank you very much. I'm not a helpless damsel in distress. I am a big girl" I humphed and walked away as he cursed at me. Jameson walked into the dining room as he did so and I walked into the kitchen to help Mrs. Laughlin. 

"Is everything ok?"

"We just had a little fight that is all."

"What about?"

"He is just overprotective sometimes and sometimes he doesn't care about me"

"Ok dear"

"Do you know if you are able to skip classes?"

"I don't know much you should ask one of the boys. Whatever is the problem?"

"I have a cramp"

"Oh, dear. I am sure that the teacher will let you skip class."

I nodded. "Thank you"

I took the plates to the table where I ignored my boyfriend who was sitting next to but I needed to apologize.

"I'm sorry for before. This place is making me crazy."

"I forgive you but let me protect you."

Grayson looked at me with his handsome grey eyes. I looked down and left the table after eating a slice of toast. Xander looked at me as he stuffed his face with food. He smiled and I smiled back at him. I went to sit down at the bench outside and wait for Oren to come with the SUV or school. But he didn't go and get it today.

"It is almost time."

"He should be here any  minute now."

An SUV pulled up to the driveway with an unfamiliar face in the driver's seat. 

"There he is. He is the youngest of our team and will blend in at your school."

I nodded and Jameson and Avery stepped out of the house with Xander behind them. I went into the car at the very edge then Jameson sat next to me and Xander at the other end. Avery was in the front seat again.

"What happens if you skip class?" I asked silently to Jameson sitting next to me.

"They don't care and the professor probably won't notice either." I nodded. "Why do you ask"

"Do you remember the excuse I used to get out of class?"

"Oh. Does it hurt?"

"It does but everyone gets it. I don't feel like dancing today"

He nodded and gave me a curious look. He wanted to know why I didn't want to dance.

"I know you aren't playing but Avery found out where we have to look for clues if you want to join the game."

I looked at Xander and he gave me a shrug. "Just tell me when you go and look for them so I know where to find you."

"So Xan it would seem that we are winning the game."

"It seems so. But are you?"

"Yeah. Are you?" I said

"You guys aren't partnered up are you?" Avery asked. I had almost forgotten that she was in the car.

"In some things yes in some things no," Xander replied he looked at me and winked.

"I'm not playing this game remember?" I said adding on what Xander had said.

I got out of the car the moment we stopped at the front of the school and left the door open for Jameson to climb out. I didn't want anything to do with him but we shared a class together.