Chapter 24

I drifted to sleep on the floor. I don't know how I ended up there. Did I fall off the couch?/ I was still in my uniform but I slept.

I am falling a long distance, I land with a thud. I open my eyes and see two hands. A spotlight shines. Jameson and Grayson. I look behind them Michael is walking away bleeding. He was beaten up.

I woke up on the bed with Michael sleeping beside me. He looked peaceful. I looked at the alarm clock. I was late... never mind it is the weekend. The last one I was going to spend with Michael. Michael woke up.

"Good morning"

"Good morning, I walked in to find you sleeping all tucked into the bed already but you were still in your uniform so I just slept beside you"

"I didn't even know I fell asleep." Did he just say he found me tucked into bed? Who moved me onto the bed? I was on the floor. I wasn't on the bed. I  ignored what he had just said.

"It is your last weekend here let's explore together."

Michael showed me around the mansion. He probably knew it better than I did but I knew something he didn't. There are secret passageways all around the house. We played games and read books. When it was lunch we ate together and just enjoyed everything I went to bed without eating that night in Michael's arms.

I was really tired all the time and didn't feel too good either. It was probably because I wasn't eating enough but I didn't feel that I needed to. I looked at Michael. Did I love him? Did I still want him? Did I love the boys more? I wasn't so sure but I got out of bed and wrote a note on his phone.

Going to Avery's room! See you at breakfast.

Amber XO

I went to Avery's room and I knocked on the door.

"Avery?"

She opened the door.

"Come in" I walked into the room and sat down on her couch.

"I don't feel safe in my room."

"Why not? What happened?"

"I went to sleep lying down on the floor, I don't even know how I got there and when I woke up I was on the bed. Then Michael told me that he found me all tucked into bed when he came into my room so he just fell asleep next to me."

"What?" she screamed "Who moved you? What were they doing in your room?"

"I don't know"

"We should head down for breakfast." I nodded and followed Avery to the dining room. I did what I usually did and brought the plates to the table but I was tired so I didn't balance any this time I just made multiple trips. I almost tripped but Grayson caught me by the arm. Why did I keep tripping? What was wrong with me?

"What happened?"

"Nothing. I am just tired and clumsy"

He took the plates from my hand and brought them to the table he gestured for me to sit down so I did. I ate the same amount as usual and brought the plate back to the kitchen. Mrs. Laughlin wasn't there. I went up to my bedroom and found Michael there I lay down and went back to sleep next to him and I took the note off his phone. I woke up and so did Michael we cuddled for a bit then I asked him.

"Do you love me?"

"Yeah I do"

"Good"

I didn't know if I loved him back. The day went by fast and I slept, Michael joined me after he was ready for bed.