Chapter 22

I walked into the science classroom and sat down at my usual seat. Jameson sat down next to me. It was normal now so we didn't talk and there was nothing to talk about. But I didn't want to talk to him and he didn't want to talk to me. He knew I heard his argument with his brother. But today wasn't silent.

"Can we talk?"

"Yeah, we are talking right now."

"I meant have a conversation"

"Like the one we are having right now?"

"You know what I meant"

"Yeah"

"Can you just forget about what you heard?"

"I can try but I don't think I will succeed."

"Avery and I found a message in the book..."

I cut him off "Look I get it you like my sister and you want to hang out with her."

"That isn't what I was saying"

"If it is about the game... I'm not playing. It isn't a game that I want to play. So go hang out with my sister and play the game. I don't care."

Jameson turned his head away from me and I turned mine away from him. I suddenly felt sick. I was hurting him but I was hurting myself as well. I raised my hand.

"Do you have a question Ms. Grambs?"

"No. I have an emergency."

"Can it wait"

"No, it is a female emergency"

The teacher went red in the face. "You may be excused."

I didn't have an emergency I just needed to get away from Jameson. I walked out of the room and went to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and I saw Rebecca walk in.

"Hi, Rebecca was it?"

"Yeah hi"

"Thanks for showing me the way out."

"It is ok"

"Well see you soon"

She nodded.

I looked at the clock it was the end of class in a few minutes. I walked into the classroom and went to my seat. Jameson was still there ignoring me so I ignored him back. The bell rang for the end of class and I remembered where my locker was. A few lockers away from Jameson's great.

I walked to my locker and so did Jameson. The lockers were wooden and they didn't have locks. I opened mine up and found notes inside my locker. They were from magazines I ignored them but Jameson had noticed them. I put my stuff inside my locker.

"What are they"

"I don't know"

"Are you going to look at them?"

"Maybe later"

I slammed it closed but Jameson opened it up.

"Why are you looking at my stuff"

"Because I am worried" He slipped the notes into the pocket of his uniform and walked off. I stuck my tongue out at him and went into the changing room to get into my dance gear.

I stepped out and walked to class. I was improving but dance didn't feel fun anymore. I didn't have any friends. We danced our routine and our show and once class was over I didn't have any more classes. I decided not to eat lunch and just do my homework in the library. I felt someone slide in next to me.

"Are you ok?" I looked up Jameson.

"Why wouldn't I be?" he spread out the notes onto the table. They were all comments about me and my sister but my name was mostly mystery sister.

"That is why"

"Who would do such a thing?"

"I don't know" I found myself leaning into Jameson an act that he probably enjoyed and I let out a little sob but I didn't cry. I just felt sick. I was sick of everything.

"I'm sorry"

"What for?"

"Being angry for no reason."

"You had a reason to be angry."

"But I took it out on you."

We walked together to the bench outside and waited for Avery. His hand was on my shoulder. 

"Were you even a bit happy when you found Grayson happy?" I asked. His grip on my shoulder tightened.

"Of course."

"Ok" it was silent for a bit. "My boyfriend is leaving in a week and I think I might invite my friend over"

"Your boyfriend is leaving?"

"Yeah" He was probably happy.